ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Posted 29/05/06 06:02 AM Posted 29/05/06 06:02 AM Removed the rear bumber to fit the reverser parking sensor kit I bought from ebay ($30). This is the kist where the detector sticks behind the plastic of the bumber. NO holes to drill. Will post some pics later.TO my horror I found more rust along the bumper channel. Every dip along the top edge and at the ends of the channel und underneath. Its an area you can't see unless the bumper is off.Contacted the local dealer (1klm away) and suggested they come take some pics to send away with the claim for repair. The dealer was happy for me to take the pics for him. So I took the pics and re assembled the bumper. The pics will go to the dealer on Thurdays when I'm off.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 29/05/06 06:10 AM Posted 29/05/06 06:10 AM There are some serious issues with respect to AU/BA/BFs and rust, but unless you are planning to keep your car for 20 + years I doubt its going to be a huge issue, or ofcourse if its visable then I'd want it fixed.Its still not good enough but I think if you go looking 95% of them will have rust somewhere.
driftpig01 Member 67 Member For: 20y 10m 11d Location: "NORTHERN GOLD GOAST" Posted 29/05/06 06:59 AM Posted 29/05/06 06:59 AM Obviously you do not read your vehicle specification, every ford comes with factory rust fitted A long time ago I worked for a rust protection company, Ford were actual one of the better makes out there for factory rust. Expensive Daewoo would take the cake for factory fitted rust.
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/06 07:37 AM Posted 29/05/06 07:37 AM Expensive Daewoo would take the cake for factory fitted rust.←You have obviously never owned an early Hyundai. Not sure they even understood what undercoat was. Sheesh.....
shadyxr Legacy Donating Member 132 Member For: 22y 11m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 29/05/06 07:44 AM Posted 29/05/06 07:44 AM Check out page 28 of the Warranty & Service guide. Ford offer 5 year warranty against rust perforation.
brendan24688 Member 38 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Posted 29/05/06 11:28 AM Posted 29/05/06 11:28 AM You wanna see rust! Ill post some pics of me Kombi later lol.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 1d Posted 29/05/06 12:40 PM Author Posted 29/05/06 12:40 PM Check out page 28 of the Warranty & Service guide. Ford offer 5 year warranty against rust perforation.←Isn't "Rust perforation" a hole. Even a Late model camira won't get holes in 5 years.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 31/05/06 11:52 AM Posted 31/05/06 11:52 AM My front quater panels are starting to peel and the bloody thing is only 2 months old, maybe 4 months from the factory. So rust I next I guess.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 31/05/06 11:52 AM Posted 31/05/06 11:52 AM My front quater panels are starting to peel and the bloody thing is only 2 months old, maybe 4 months from the factory. So rust I next I guess.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 31/05/06 11:53 AM Posted 31/05/06 11:53 AM My front quater panels are starting to peel and the bloody thing is only 2 months old, maybe 4 months from the factory. So rust I next I guess.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now