FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/04/06 05:48 AM Posted 03/04/06 05:48 AM Hi guys I'm in the market for a new car and I'm looking at BA XR6's. I'm a P-plater so I can't buy the Turbo variant because of the power to weight ratio...But I was thinking if it would be possible to do a turbo conversion on the n/a motor? What parts am I lookin at adding/replacing and how much will the conversion cost roughly? I have about 10k for it. Would it be easier to just drop an xr6t motor in?Thanks,Joe
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/04/06 05:54 AM Posted 03/04/06 05:54 AM Hi guys I'm in the market for a new car and I'm looking at BA XR6's. I'm a P-plater so I can't buy the Turbo variant because of the power to weight ratio...But I was thinking if it would be possible to do a turbo conversion on the n/a motor? What parts am I lookin at adding/replacing and how much will the conversion cost roughly? I have about 10k for it. Would it be easier to just drop an xr6t motor in?Thanks,JoeThere was a guy that had the same plan, it turned out to be way to expensive of a project and just traded and bought a T instead! That said you can get quite a bit of go out of the NA's, try giving NOSXR a pm mateChooka
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 03/04/06 05:55 AM Posted 03/04/06 05:55 AM A lot easier to get turbo motor and wiring plus computor from a wrecker and just swap it than you will need an intercooler and the piping but that would be better than tring to fit it to the na motor which you would have to strip and put stronger rods in.Ian
chipa_12 Member 182 Member For: 20y 7m 28d Location: Canberra Posted 03/04/06 05:55 AM Posted 03/04/06 05:55 AM I dont get it?you say you cant buy one, but you are willing to build one?is there a difference in buying one and driving around in one?just wondering...
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/04/06 05:59 AM Author Posted 03/04/06 05:59 AM Yeah the cops go buy standard figures. Stupid I know... When they pull me over and check rego it will just be an xr6. They can still EPA me ann defect me for things but I will make sure it's all engineered.
chipa_12 Member 182 Member For: 20y 7m 28d Location: Canberra Posted 03/04/06 06:01 AM Posted 03/04/06 06:01 AM ah sneaky sneaky... I like it...
Nerazzuri Member 82 Member For: 20y 8m 27d Location: Sydney Posted 03/04/06 06:13 AM Posted 03/04/06 06:13 AM Yeah the cops go buy standard figures. Stupid I know... When they pull me over and check rego it will just be an xr6. They can still EPA me ann defect me for things but I will make sure it's all engineered.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why will they be checking your rego? just drive safely and avoid that part.
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/04/06 06:14 AM Posted 03/04/06 06:14 AM Yeah the cops go buy standard figures. Stupid I know... When they pull me over and check rego it will just be an xr6. They can still EPA me ann defect me for things but I will make sure it's all engineered.Why will they be checking your rego? just drive safely and avoid that part. P plates + nice late model car in Vic = you will get pulled over at some pointChooka
51KBA 2005 BA MK11 turbo Member 140 Member For: 20y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 03/04/06 06:28 AM Posted 03/04/06 06:28 AM im in the process of doing it now ill let ya know how I go im only a couple of weeks off getting it up and running
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 03/04/06 07:01 AM Posted 03/04/06 07:01 AM even if you do the conversion, won't you have all kinds of insurance problems???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now