FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Posted 24/03/06 07:41 AM Posted 24/03/06 07:41 AM I had a personalised plate on my Turbo and it was GAVSXR. When I bought the GT I didnt think it was relative to the new car so I took it off.However I have seen a few 1/18 scale models of XR Falcons from the 70s and they make reference to XR/GT Falcons.So is the GT and XR or not?Have probably confused you but some of the Ford addicts will know the answer
Blowute Member 56 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Brisbane Posted 24/03/06 07:57 AM Posted 24/03/06 07:57 AM I think you have mixed up your xr's. The late 60's xr was the model, (xk, xl, xm xp, xr, xt, xw,xy etc) and the xr gt was the peformance option. Xr gt being the very first gt. Just like the current models are ba gt, bf gt. The xr6 xr8 is a different name again. Confusing I know I have just confused myself So your the gt isnt realy an xr. Hope this helps!
xr6tblueprint Member 144 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 24/03/06 07:58 AM Posted 24/03/06 07:58 AM (edited) THE XR MODEL FROM THE 70'S CAME IN GT FORM, I THINK THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE GETTING CONFUSED? Edited 24/03/06 07:59 AM by xr6tblueprint
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Posted 24/03/06 08:11 AM Author Posted 24/03/06 08:11 AM I think you have mixed up your xr's. The late 60's xr was the model, (xk, xl, xm xp, xr, xt, xw,xy etc) and the xr gt was the peformance option. Xr gt being the very first gt. Just like the current models are ba gt, bf gt. The xr6 xr8 is a different name again. Confusing I know I have just confused myself So your the gt isnt realy an xr. Hope this helps! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that, XR was actually the model, that clears that up, thanks. Wont put the plate on the car.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Posted 24/03/06 08:12 AM Author Posted 24/03/06 08:12 AM THE XR MODEL FROM THE 70'S CAME IN GT FORM, I THINK THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE GETTING CONFUSED?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yip, I see now that XR was the actual model so that clears it up.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 24/03/06 08:37 AM Posted 24/03/06 08:37 AM NO
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Posted 24/03/06 09:05 AM Author Posted 24/03/06 09:05 AM NO<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great Input
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 24/03/06 09:53 AM Posted 24/03/06 09:53 AM NOGreat Input Twas an answer to your question
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now