Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am new to this

Question is guys if you buy a flash tuner has it got the tune on it that you can program in the vehicle . once you load it up do you have to get the vehicle tuned by someone or can you just leave the generic tune . What power gains would you get if you dont get it tuned.Or like I asked do you have to get it tuned on a dyno

Like I said im sorry if this sounds stupid

Car I own is a 2004 XR6t premium sound leather climate control etc etc im sure you all know what it is

Thank you :laughing:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 11d
Posted

You can use the generic tunes but to get better results a custom tune is best

240 to 260 kw std car

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 13d
Posted
You can use the generic tunes but to get better results a  custom tune is best

240 to 260 kw std car

Just to clear any confusion, I believe what rboksic meant is 240 to 260 KW at the rear wheels.

This being a crapload more than the standard 240KW at the flywheel.

To provide a comparison, a standard car will produce anywhere between 185 to 210KW at the rear wheels.

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
You can use the generic tunes but to get better results a  custom tune is best

240 to 260 kw std car

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to clear any confusion, I believe what rboksic meant is 240 to 260 KW at the rear wheels.

This being a crapload more than the standard 240KW at the flywheel.

To provide a comparison, a standard car will produce anywhere between 185 to 210KW at the rear wheels.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is edit only? No custom tune, no exhaust, no CAI?

Posted
You can use the generic tunes but to get better results a  custom tune is best

240 to 260 kw std car

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to clear any confusion, I believe what rboksic meant is 240 to 260 KW at the rear wheels.

This being a crapload more than the standard 240KW at the flywheel.

To provide a comparison, a standard car will produce anywhere between 185 to 210KW at the rear wheels.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is edit only? No custom tune, no exhaust, no CAI?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with ease with good fuel!!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 2d
  • Location: Somewhere
Posted

I have finally finished with my Edit.........Now with 42 Pound injectors, BMC Filter, and Exhaust, we got 259 RWKW's yesterday......

I detuned her to 255 RWKW's even and she's very quick with fuel in city down to 12.3 litres per 100km and country down to 9.3.......

Overall, very happy.........my tuner did state that if I got the auto strengthened we could get her to around 280........but I'm more then happy with what I have now.......

Just for the record, I use Shell Optimax and no probs there either.......

Good luck......

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
You can use the generic tunes but to get better results a  custom tune is best

240 to 260 kw std car

Just to clear any confusion, I believe what rboksic meant is 240 to 260 KW at the rear wheels.

This being a crapload more than the standard 240KW at the flywheel.

To provide a comparison, a standard car will produce anywhere between 185 to 210KW at the rear wheels.

Cheers

Who gets 260atw with only edit???

240 yes.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 2d
  • Location: Somewhere
Posted
You can use the generic tunes but to get better results a  custom tune is best

240 to 260 kw std car

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to clear any confusion, I believe what rboksic meant is 240 to 260 KW at the rear wheels.

This being a crapload more than the standard 240KW at the flywheel.

To provide a comparison, a standard car will produce anywhere between 185 to 210KW at the rear wheels.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who gets 260atw with only edit???

240 yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep agree with you there Flukeyluke..........have'nt heard of a standard edit going higher then around 245-250 without some other enhancements.......

Posted
Who gets 260atw with only edit???

240 yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cough cough

the results speek for themselves

all the time and on other dynos too!!!! :stirthepot::laughing::spoton:

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Who gets 260atw with only edit???

240 yes.

cough cough

the results speek for themselves

all the time and on other dynos too!!!! :spoton::laughing::spoton:

Lets see it on the track la la la la la :stirthepot::spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...