ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 26/09/05 07:36 AM Posted 26/09/05 07:36 AM Hi GuysThis thread may have been done before but I cannot seem to find it.I am changing my exhaust this Thursday and will not be needing my current exhaust. A mate of mine (who owns a BA XT) wanted to know if the "T" exhaust will fit straight on his car....?Can anyone help..?
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 26/09/05 07:41 AM Posted 26/09/05 07:41 AM AHHH NO
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 26/09/05 07:44 AM Author Posted 26/09/05 07:44 AM What are the restrictions...?Looks like I will be storing her in the shed.
1ute Legacy Donating Member 195 Member For: 21y 10m 3d Location: Canberra Posted 26/09/05 08:22 AM Posted 26/09/05 08:22 AM Hi GuysThis thread may have been done before but I cannot seem to find it.I am changing my exhaust this Thursday and will not be needing my current exhaust. A mate of mine (who owns a BA XT) wanted to know if the "T" exhaust will fit straight on his car....?Can anyone help..?You would think that under the "sedan" part of the car it wouldn't be too different but because of the T's big long single pipe off the turbo, there would have to be extra bits put into the NA setup to make it fit.
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Posted 26/09/05 09:09 AM Posted 26/09/05 09:09 AM If you are changing from the dump pipe it may fit your mates car if its cat back no it wont fit without reworking it
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 26/09/05 10:51 AM Author Posted 26/09/05 10:51 AM If you are changing from the dump pipe it may fit your mates car if its cat back no it wont fit without reworking it<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah I am changing from cat back...so I guess he will be up for some extra bugs if he wants my exhaust.cheersZ
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 27/09/05 02:17 AM Posted 27/09/05 02:17 AM I was under the impression that all the exhausts, form the cat back, on the ba's were the same, on the T the dump pipe replaces the headers XT/xr6NA=======(cat){{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{^headers ..........^ ford exhaustTurbo=(turbo)(dump)(cat){{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{^headers ...............^ ford exhaust
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Posted 27/09/05 10:07 AM Posted 27/09/05 10:07 AM the non-turbo is single pipe cat back
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 27/09/05 11:33 AM Posted 27/09/05 11:33 AM Zoran, its not a straight fit mate from what I have been told.I have also been told that the best was of doing this would be to replace the NA cat and cat back system with the T cat and cat back. Apparently the T cat is different to the NA one and the T cat back will not fit. If you use both the T cat and the cat back on the NA, a special bracket or extra bit of pipe needs to be made up to join the NA header to the T cat and that would work. Also the bumper needs cutting.
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 28/09/05 07:58 AM Author Posted 28/09/05 07:58 AM Zoran, its not a straight fit mate from what I have been told.I have also been told that the best was of doing this would be to replace the NA cat and cat back system with the T cat and cat back. Apparently the T cat is different to the NA one and the T cat back will not fit. If you use both the T cat and the cat back on the NA, a special bracket or extra bit of pipe needs to be made up to join the NA header to the T cat and that would work. Also the bumper needs cutting.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that Goran I will let my mate know and then he can decide if he wants to go through all the puss and pain.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now