LightningXR6T Member 197 Member For: 21y 3m 2d Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 09/08/05 07:51 AM Posted 09/08/05 07:51 AM Hi Guys,I,ve been reading a few threads and it appears that most T owners do have much faith in Ford Australia!We have only had our T 5 weeks, but the car is 6 mths old. In the last fortnight I've noticed that when cold the engine surges (not always), and twice it has began to idle rough almost to the point of stalling.I approached Ford here in Newcastle, their response was that there is a software upgrade for the computer. I thought that this sounded great and have booked the car in next monday to have it done. NOTE: car generally drives well, power seems OK, avg fuel 14.5 l/100klm.Last thing I want/need is a s t fight because the car is comes back worse. I hope to in the next couple of months to purchase a flash tuner and couple of months after that possibly get a custom tune done for it.Should I tell Ford to forget the upgrade?
loaded Member 77 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Location: sydney Posted 09/08/05 09:29 AM Posted 09/08/05 09:29 AM Get it done.It sounds like it can't get any worse than what you have now.I had my car flashed and it never missed a beat since,in fact it runs much more consistently in all aspects,idle,surge etc.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 10m 27d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 09/08/05 09:49 AM Posted 09/08/05 09:49 AM ID get the Flash...I had similar problems and the flash help me out .. Running like a champion now cikas
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 09/08/05 01:03 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:03 PM my phantom was flashed 3000ks ago (for 1st 15k)I expressed my concern having heard about problems with this, the girl assured me it would go better.. she was spot on ... My beast is heaps better - noticebly and I didn't have probs b4 the first service.Go for it.. Shazzy
teebone Member 183 Member For: 22y 11m 1d Location: South of Melbourne, near the sea Posted 10/08/05 10:03 AM Posted 10/08/05 10:03 AM There were some negative experiences with the new calibrations and re-flashes late in 2004. However, the latest update has made a big difference to the quality of my auto shift patterns and it also seems to have more urge. However, I never had an overboost or stalling problem.
troll Member 15 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Posted 10/08/05 10:34 AM Posted 10/08/05 10:34 AM ID get the Flash...I had similar problems and the flash help me out .. Running like a champion now cikas<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What he said.Exact same problem. Dealer flashed it and no further trouble.
RIPGMH Legacy Donating Member 302 Member For: 22y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/08/05 10:51 AM Posted 10/08/05 10:51 AM Dido fellow rev heads,my xr t was also re-flashed 2 months ago, it now drives better then ever .
X-WING Member 811 Member For: 22y 10m Location: BRISBANE Posted 11/08/05 07:38 AM Posted 11/08/05 07:38 AM Im told by friend at dealer that once flash has been done you can't go back to old one if no good I say if ain't broke don't fix it havn't touched mine since show room runs like a dream
loaded Member 77 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Location: sydney Posted 11/08/05 09:56 AM Posted 11/08/05 09:56 AM Im told by friend at dealer that once flash has been done you can't go back to old one if no good I say if ain't broke don't fix it havn't touched mine since show room runs like a dream<{POST_SNAPBACK}>No offence X-Wing but if you had read the original post you would have noticed that he was having some issues with surge and bad idle.So I guess that your theory does not apply here.Good to hear you are one of the rare ones that has had no problems.
Aeron Member 194 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Location: Sydney Posted 14/08/05 03:57 AM Posted 14/08/05 03:57 AM Yeh, get the re-flash. I found it to be quite good for my T. Mine is stock and ran a 14.021 at WSID and its a 5speed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now