ROBiiE Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Location: Sydney Posted 26/07/05 11:23 AM Posted 26/07/05 11:23 AM However if u are a software programmer I could send you a copy of the files I download to update, which are small zip file which I puit onto a cf card & then put in the scanner.Thanx mate. PM sent.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/07/05 12:14 PM Author Posted 26/07/05 12:14 PM One thing to point out with scan tools is most of them will do the same things, the major contributing factor is the PCM it is communicating with & how fast & talks & what it says. Exmple of this is prior to AU live data was just a dream on fords that Expensive Daewoo technicians could taunt us with! But the BA is pretty good, can check out the instrument cluster, pcm, icc, abs, srs, etc, but is an expensive toy if all you want to do is play. However if u are a software programmer I could send you a copy of the files I download to update, which are small zip file which I puit onto a cf card & then put in the scanner.All launch appaently to is get hold of a factory scanner & copy the software & make it suit their tool. Which is what most of them do, just wont like to admit it. launch have a websire but it is crap, still you can check it out if u like at www.x-431.com G'day cqae....pm also sentregardstom
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 26/07/05 12:53 PM Posted 26/07/05 12:53 PM someone I know verywell has been negitiating with some yank to sort this out with their unit not far off with all aus specs loaded!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>How long do you expect Nick?
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 26/07/05 09:54 PM Posted 26/07/05 09:54 PM The plug is similar to OBD2 but it is not the same, may scan tool specifies a different plug for both. I use the launch x431 which is worth about 5k although it is usually advertised for around 7k. it does heaps of cars & spits out millions of different data lines, codes keys & pcms.(security not reflash). The list of info goes on & on, & it can be printed in a reciept style reports. Although most of this info is usless, such as how many discs in a stacker but does even tell me am signal strength. Basically every sensor, button & control unitl can be viewed from tps & boost right through to heater & radio controls.One thing to point out with scan tools is most of them will do the same things, the major contributing factor is the PCM it is communicating with & how fast & talks & what it says. Exmple of this is prior to AU live data was just a dream on fords that Expensive Daewoo technicians could taunt us with! But the BA is pretty good, can check out the instrument cluster, pcm, icc, abs, srs, etc, but is an expensive toy if all you want to do is play. However if u are a software programmer I could send you a copy of the files I download to update, which are small zip file which I puit onto a cf card & then put in the scanner.All launch appaently to is get hold of a factory scanner & copy the software & make it suit their tool. Which is what most of them do, just wont like to admit it. launch have a websire but it is crap, still you can check it out if u like at www.x-431.com Man I sound like an ad for them!pm sentthanx Nathan
cqae Member 229 Member For: 22y 11m 1d Posted 28/07/05 12:38 PM Posted 28/07/05 12:38 PM sorry about the slow reply, been really busy. have emailed you guys so good luck
ROBiiE Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Location: Sydney Posted 28/07/05 12:56 PM Posted 28/07/05 12:56 PM sorry about the slow reply, been really busy. have emailed you guys so good luckThanx alot mate. I'll let you know how I go with it, but it might take a while as I will be working in Perth for the next month or so.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now