Stevo's XRSEXTURBO Member 17 Member For: 22y 6m 12d Posted 15/06/05 01:07 PM Posted 15/06/05 01:07 PM Aeron;just wonderiing where or how did u get your unsual rear spolier?Stevo
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 15/06/05 05:32 PM Posted 15/06/05 05:32 PM I told you to get the SSL's aswell....?the springs will settle, most noticably in the first week then more slowly over the next few weeks, I have SSL's in the rear and I still wish it were a little lower (does cutting the bump stops help?)the more I see it the more I really like that wing extension
Twisted Member 28 Member For: 21y 4m 20d Location: Melbourne's Western Burbs Posted 15/06/05 10:32 PM Posted 15/06/05 10:32 PM Aeron;just wonderiing where or how did u get your unsual rear spolier?Stevo<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its the Typhoon rear wing, check out www.awcinfo.com
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: Canberra Posted 15/06/05 11:22 PM Posted 15/06/05 11:22 PM He didnt even ask me if I wanted SSL's. I didnt know they existed. Looks like I'll have to save up and get SSL's put in the back. Bloody hell! Aeron, have a look at the King Springs Master Catalogue to see what's available. You'll see that although they make superlow (designated 'SL') for the BA's, they don't actually recommend using them for the XR's. I think this is because the XR's are already lower than standard BA's and using the SL springs would be too much. There is also a separate section at the end of the catalogue for superlow applications, and that's where you'll find the SSL springs for the XR6T. The SSL springs are also mentioned in the regular part of the catalogue, which states that this is what you should use if you want a level sill panel (which you do, trust me!). l have them on mine and there's NO such thing as comfort in Kings..............l have asked!!!Blown, I'm not trying to dispute you, 'cos I haven't actually rung and asked for them specifically, but the catalogue indicates that comfort springs ARE an option?! In the 'regular' (ie. not superlow at the end of the document) part of the catalogue there is an # next to the XR springs that designates "comfort option available rec for use with 17, 18 & 19" rims...". Might be worth someone ringing King Springs to find out for sure if they really do want the comfort option.
Aeron Member 194 Member For: 22y 5m 18d Location: Sydney Posted 16/06/05 12:13 AM Author Posted 16/06/05 12:13 AM Ok, I'll answer a few questions...Swanga, my rims are 18's but bloody hell, they look small. Stevo's XRSEXTURBO, I bought the 2 outer Typhoon legs from AWC. Easy to fit and come painted. Seem everyone told me to get SSL's and I just hoped that's what they ordered. Im going to drive over to where I got it done and book it in for SSL ASAP!!
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 16d Location: leonay Posted 16/06/05 05:23 AM Posted 16/06/05 05:23 AM Ok, I'll answer a few questions...Swanga, my rims are 18's but bloody hell, they look small. Stevo's XRSEXTURBO, I bought the 2 outer Typhoon legs from AWC. Easy to fit and come painted. Seem everyone told me to get SSL's and I just hoped that's what they ordered. Im going to drive over to where I got it done and book it in for SSL ASAP!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>aeron, I think the car looks sh*t hot the way it is.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 16/06/05 10:04 AM Posted 16/06/05 10:04 AM Just got my qutoe for the springs today..for a set of SSL and SL Comforts its $400 Fitted and balancedfor a set of SSL and SL Sports its $460 fitted and balancedAll I need to do now is sell my sterio to pay for these
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 16/06/05 11:12 AM Posted 16/06/05 11:12 AM Just got my qutoe for the springs today..for a set of SSL and SL Comforts its $400 Fitted and balancedfor a set of SSL and SL Sports its $460 fitted and balancedAll I need to do now is sell my sterio to pay for these <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is that from wilkinson mate?? also does that include wheel alignment??
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 16/06/05 11:18 AM Posted 16/06/05 11:18 AM Yeah Wilkinson Suspension..Dunno that's all that was on the email.. But id say the alignment was included..And would take 1/2 day
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 16/06/05 12:01 PM Posted 16/06/05 12:01 PM cikas, you will probably find that that’s fitted and wheel alignment. There is not much to balance mate, as they are not pulling the tyres of the rims when fitting the spring!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now