ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/06/05 01:50 AM Posted 02/06/05 01:50 AM I have nearly completed my complete LED conversion of my interior lighting. Is anyone interested in a document which outlines where to buy and the best way to install the LEDS?Also does anyone know if there is a light in the back of the centre console in some High Series models(Fairmont Ghias etc)?Matt
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 02/06/05 02:42 AM Posted 02/06/05 02:42 AM does anyone know if there is a light in the back of the centre console in some High Series models(Fairmont Ghias etc)?Matt Yes Matt, there is!
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/06/05 03:48 AM Author Posted 02/06/05 03:48 AM Oh nice. I'll have to source one to finish off my lighting scheme.Thanks
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 02/06/05 04:44 AM Posted 02/06/05 04:44 AM waddaya mean lighting scheme/LED conversion? Got any pics?
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/06/05 06:31 AM Author Posted 02/06/05 06:31 AM Basically all I have done is sourced LED replacements for all the interior lights. Super bright white Festoon for the centre roof and Boot, 2 Super bright white Wedges for the Foot Wells. Need to pull the glove box out this week end and change the light in there and also drop the steering cluster down to have a look at what type around the ignition switch.Eventually I'll change out all the Tail Lights etc also. Leaving only the Headlights/Park/High Beams as incadescents. I'm taking photos as I progress and I'll post them asap.Matt
stang Legacy Donating Member 1,353 Member For: 22y 8m 11d Location: Melbourne Posted 02/06/05 07:36 AM Posted 02/06/05 07:36 AM Basically all I have done is sourced LED replacements for all the interior lights. Super bright white Festoon for the centre roof and Boot, 2 Super bright white Wedges for the Foot Wells. Need to pull the glove box out this week end and change the light in there and also drop the steering cluster down to have a look at what type around the ignition switch.Eventually I'll change out all the Tail Lights etc also. Leaving only the Headlights/Park/High Beams as incadescents. I'm taking photos as I progress and I'll post them asap.Mattcool make sure you post it in the FAQ thread in the modifications section
newxr Member 279 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Posted 02/06/05 11:14 AM Posted 02/06/05 11:14 AM Also does anyone know if there is a light in the back of the centre console in some High Series models(Fairmont Ghias etc)?Matt<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes - The fairmont Ghia and Fairlane have. Unfortunately the XR6 does not have the wiring in place however it is easy to run the wire through the center console and solder it onto the passenger footwell. I have just completed the wiring but am waiting on the center light and lens assembly to be delivered ($11.20). The wiring cost me about $10 and about an hour and half of my time
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/06/05 02:52 PM Author Posted 02/06/05 02:52 PM Where did you splice in the cable? Just wondering whether the actual loom for that light is a plug in job in the Fairmont(you know a plug hidden under the dash for the light). Either way a fairly easy job to do when I get some time. Do you know what type of lamp is uses?thanks
newxr Member 279 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Posted 03/06/05 03:28 AM Posted 03/06/05 03:28 AM Where did you splice in the cable? Just wondering whether the actual loom for that light is a plug in job in the Fairmont(you know a plug hidden under the dash for the light). Either way a fairly easy job to do when I get some time. Do you know what type of lamp is uses?thanks<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I actually sliced it at the front passenger level footwell light - I did not notice any other point under the dash. Must say did not really look for it went straight to the fron footwell light. Not sure what globe - the dealer says its a fastoon smaller than the roof light though.
ORSMBA ORSM Ford Cruisers! Legacy Donating Member 319 Member For: 21y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/06/05 06:36 AM Author Posted 03/06/05 06:36 AM Probably a 31mm festoon. Going to order mine next week, did you get a part number?Matt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now