Guest Isher Guests Posted 11/04/03 01:46 AM Posted 11/04/03 01:46 AM Well, at long last I have placed my order! :D The dealer is hoping for a June delivery but I won't hold my breath. I don't have a SIDO yet and am not expecting one for a few days.The waint begins...I'm sure it will be worth it. :D Canberra gets yet another XR6T.....
BlueXR6T Member 154 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Was Canberra now Maitland, back in Canberra Posted 11/04/03 01:50 AM Posted 11/04/03 01:50 AM Great news!We will want piccies when you pick it upSee you on the road
Guest Tancxr6 Guests Posted 11/04/03 02:01 AM Posted 11/04/03 02:01 AM congrats mate. who did u end up getting it from?how did u manage a June delivery?? I was told the wait, if placed now, is August delivery???????geez, Canberra is XR6 territory!!!!!!!!
Guest Isher Guests Posted 11/04/03 04:35 AM Posted 11/04/03 04:35 AM Well June is what the dealer said but after reading a lot of what people here have had to say about delivery it could well be August or even later!Hopefully you won’t see me here in August b**ching about how my dealer promised delivery in….. :( I ended up going with Gregories, just felt more comfortable with them.WRT time till delivery… I think you will find that each dealer is only allocated a certain number of XR6T’s a month. So if they have already sold their allocation in advance, till say August, then that is ther earliest they can get a vehicle to you. Ford will not increase the dealers aloction.That is unless you are like me (Yea! :o ) and are purchasing the car via the Ford Employee Program (Brother works for Ford..). In this instance the XR6T does not come off the dealers allocation, but is additional to their base entitlement.Regards,Isher
xr6tease FordXR6Turbo.com Member 43 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 11/04/03 05:00 AM Posted 11/04/03 05:00 AM Afternoon all,Very happy to see yet another XR6T ordered for the Canberra area. Just got off the phone myself with Gregorys and my babies due next week - hopefully - if not they are closed for the week following easter (Factory that is) so delivery will be the week after the 28th. Im not going to hold my breath for next week but if it happens it happens. will keep you posted then. And the photos will start.....CheersDamo
Guest Tancxr6 Guests Posted 11/04/03 05:24 AM Posted 11/04/03 05:24 AM good onya mate.it pays to "know someone" doesn't it. I was told august delivery for fleet purchases. (I am getting fleet discount) but the manager (friend of a friend) of the dealer sourced out a may build turbo for me with the options that I was after. it works out perfect because I have a little time to sell my ute now. p.s. I ordered last week.
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/04/03 06:48 AM Posted 11/04/03 06:48 AM Did someone mention Ford being CLOSED the week after Easter??.... If this is the case, They have lost the plot!!... I am sick to death of all the lame excuses Re: late delivery!.. And now THIS....Faaaaarrrrkk!
Guest Andy Guests Posted 14/04/03 11:23 PM Posted 14/04/03 11:23 PM Hi Guy'sOrdered mine from McGrath Woden. Has anyone else bought their car from them and was it delivered on time !! Andy
Guest Talon Guests Posted 18/04/03 06:40 AM Posted 18/04/03 06:40 AM Ordered mine on Tuesday from power fordNo idea on delivery at this stage (not good at waiting)
Guest IMTRBO Guests Posted 20/04/03 09:38 AM Posted 20/04/03 09:38 AM Hello All, This Site has been a great help when making those excecutive discissions on what options and colour to choose for the blue ovalI am pleased to say that there will be another Manual Mecury Silver XR6 Turbo driving around in victoria, You will know it is me coz I will be the one with the biggest grin on my face looking apon those Piston slapping Diff Droping Comondores..... IMTRBO will also be rewarded with a full Leather interior and premium sound to match. This ride will be strolling down chapel and lygon on a set of 18" wheels with the premium sound pumping out those tunes!!The long wait begins and the endless isombia begins.... Thanks again
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now