Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Posted 08/04/03 01:02 PM Posted 08/04/03 01:02 PM Just wondering if anyone can confirm a couple of things about fixed speed cameras.Firstly, anybody know if there are any fixed speed cameras on the Eastern Freeway, particularly between Sprinvale Rd and the doncaster exit. There are a few cameras that I've noticed around some of the exits but I've been told they are purely traffic monitoring - they turn around at different times of the day????I remember reading that speed cameras were going to be installed last year but the Eastern doesn't seem to get mentioned in newer articles on camera locations (unlike the Monash which is now well known as a fixed speed camera minefield).Secondly, is it compulsory for the areas that have these fixed speed cameras installed to display "traffic safety cameras in this area" signs?I use the eastern every day and thus my interest in the topic. Don't plan to do anything silly in the T when it gets here but doesn't hurt to know! B) Thanks.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Posted 08/04/03 01:14 PM Posted 08/04/03 01:14 PM Oh boy....don't get me started on this speed camera issue...I am unfamiliar with the position of revenue raisers on the Eastern Freeway sorry.
BAXR6T Member 187 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/04/03 03:03 AM Posted 09/04/03 03:03 AM I wouldn't think you would have to worry about speed cameras on the monash because you can't go any faster than 20kph. If they are on the monash they would be the same ones as the western ring road. They do stand out and there are warning signs.
Guest atessa Guests Posted 09/04/03 07:55 AM Posted 09/04/03 07:55 AM Here is a good Melbournian Radar Watch Site that you might all be interested in. Hope it helps get some of you out of trouble, and solves problems.http://www.roadwatch.com.au
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 09/04/03 08:47 AM Posted 09/04/03 08:47 AM Us Cane Toads will be putting up with the same thing soon, then again, although the rumour gets repeated like a broken record. Who knows what to believe.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now