xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 01/02/05 07:10 AM Posted 01/02/05 07:10 AM Ive only recently put 18's on my ute and the first things I noticed was the feel of the car and a fair bit more tyre/road noise. I expected the feel to be firmer etc. Now can anyone tell me if the increased tyre noise is because of the brand of tyre or is is because of going to a lower profile tyre? At the moment I have Falken ze 326, 235/40 on front and 265/35 on back. Shane
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Posted 01/02/05 07:15 AM Posted 01/02/05 07:15 AM its not the 18inch rims but the tyres I have the falken 326's very noisy tyre I am trying to finish it off quickly and get somethink like a dunlop or michelin some quite will be more expensive but you what u paid for.
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 01/02/05 07:25 AM Author Posted 01/02/05 07:25 AM its not the 18inch rims but the tyres I have the falken 326's very noisy tyre I am trying to finish it off quickly and get somethink like a dunlop or michelin some quite will be more expensive but you what u paid for.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks mate, I had a suspicion that it might of been the tyres. Next time round have to do my homework a bit better. How do you find the falkens apart from being noisy? Shane
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Posted 01/02/05 07:46 AM Posted 01/02/05 07:46 AM Does anyone know what the quietest tyre for the T is. I am guessing it would be soft and wouldnt last long but I dont like road noise much
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/02/05 09:35 AM Posted 01/02/05 09:35 AM Gav,Either Micheline Pilot Preceda or Pilot Sport 2.The Preceda will last just as long as the standard SP3000A's because it's got the same tread wear rating (240), but an AA traction rating compared to the SP3000A's A rating meaning they stick a lot better.The Pilot Sport 2 will last a little less (220 treadwear).Both are awesome tyres, bit on the exxy side though.I've got the Preceda's on my front whilst I chew up the last set of Dunlops on my rear. Though when it comes time for replacment I'm going Pilot Sport 2 all round.
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 01/02/05 11:46 PM Author Posted 01/02/05 11:46 PM Might give those michelins a go when the falkens are worn out. :banghead: Shane.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now