eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/09/04 06:23 AM Posted 30/09/04 06:23 AM which ones more than likel going to be the easier to drive on a daily basis though, you could well imagine how hard someone could find driving an XR6T with 12" tyres on the back on a Detroit Locker Yeah, you would have to be a pretty dedicated drag racer to goto the trouble of 9" and tubbing...
FPV GTHO Member 118 Member For: 22y 1m 24d Posted 30/09/04 06:37 AM Posted 30/09/04 06:37 AM even better, buy a XC Coupe, and slap the xr6t engine and gearbox in! lol. Some people have some wacky ideas I tell ya. That there has alot of potential, but a friend of mine was telling me awhile ago that one of his friends just bought a VY (dont know what trim). My friend eventually convinced him to get a BA and sell the VY. He's told me this, as well as the intentions of the guy to end up putting a turbo on the BA, which was only going to be an XT, as he had plans of going all out. I was asking him why didnt he just go for the XR6T if that was the case, but he thought he could do things cheaper. Now ive heard hes keeping the VY, but putting a Barra182 in it
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 30/09/04 06:44 AM Posted 30/09/04 06:44 AM Aren't the Ba and Territory floorpans the same???
FPV GTHO Member 118 Member For: 22y 1m 24d Posted 30/09/04 06:46 AM Posted 30/09/04 06:46 AM The Territory is somewhat based on the Falcon, but for he most part I think its unique. It relies on more of the hardware like engine, transmission and interior to cut costs
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 30/09/04 06:48 AM Posted 30/09/04 06:48 AM Aren't the Ba and Territory floorpans the same??? Totally different.
351 Member 184 Member For: 22y 1m 25d Posted 30/09/04 08:59 AM Posted 30/09/04 08:59 AM keeping a vy and putting a a barra 182 in I hope you dont call him a close friend
FPV GTHO Member 118 Member For: 22y 1m 24d Posted 30/09/04 11:23 AM Posted 30/09/04 11:23 AM I've never met the guy thankfully, as I said, friend of a friend. If I met him, I probably wouldnt be able to stop calling him a f*ckin d*ckhead....when I first got told my friend convinced him into a BA, I was like "yeah, seems like an everyday thing". then I got told that he was going to do it up. after my suggestion to go straight into the XR6T, I got told it was too expensive.....I was trying to tell my friend that Fords already done the hard yards on the XR6T as far as development goes, and for basically $10K, what you get over an XT is a STEAL (bodykit, nicer interior, ECU already turbo calibrated, turbo already installed, exhaust manifold already made....)....still said he thought it was too expensive (depite previously saying the guy was loaded)....I didnt even bother when he came up with the VY idea....now I cant help but think what he'll have to go through to make up all the different mounting brackets and modifying the front crossmember etc, all before he can mod it up.
hello BGSer Member 166 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Location: Brisbane Posted 30/09/04 01:57 PM Posted 30/09/04 01:57 PM why would u barra a vy.... that's defeats the whole purpose of having a ford or a holden
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Toowoomba Posted 30/09/04 02:35 PM Posted 30/09/04 02:35 PM Now ive heard hes keeping the VY, but putting a Barra182 in it Or he could just buy a VZ and get a similar powered engine again.Dazza.
profrat Member 126 Member For: 23y 3m Location: Eastern Victoria Posted 02/10/04 12:14 AM Posted 02/10/04 12:14 AM Tubbed rear end? 12" slicks?This ONLY makes any sense if you are a drag racer. For 'sporting' road use or even track work AWD makes much more sense if you have to power to make it worthwhile. (What wins Targa Tassie? AWD mostly)Getting BIG power to the road and maintaining excellent handling would be the advantage of AWD. It's not just about launch, but also about power down out of corners and on less than ideal surfaces (ie: normal roads). But as has been said, its only going to be a wothwhile advantage if you have 350 - 450 kw and BIG torque....like plenty of 't's are capable of.........Interesting comparison with a 'T':Bently Continental GT (AWD)!Top speed 319 km/h0-100 5.2 sec0-400 13.4 @173.90-1000 [email protected] (wonder how a stock 'T' compares?)Power 411kwTorque 650nmWeight 2385!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It seems reasonable that you could build a AWD 'T' at under 2.4 tonnes! and get at least 411kw and 650nm. All for slightly less than $380,000. phew...Would you rather have one Bently GT or about 8 XR6T's?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now