X-WING Member 811 Member For: 22y 10m Location: BRISBANE Posted 26/08/04 08:50 AM Posted 26/08/04 08:50 AM Just read on XR6 XR8 web site of a GT ute stolen. So I ask a question to our members in blue, have many of the BA falcons been pinched?, have the T's been a hot item for thieves like the WRX's were a decade ago?
BA_Turbs Member 836 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 26/08/04 02:14 PM Posted 26/08/04 02:14 PM Just read on XR6 XR8 web site of a GT ute stolen. So I ask a question to our members in blue, have many of the BA falcons been pinched?, have the T's been a hot item for thieves like the WRX's were a decade ago? Any car can be stolen with enough determination and a tow truck.Also, what were the circumstances? I have taken reports for $180,000 AMG Merc 4WD. You'd think that had a decent security system, and it did. Problem was, the owner's house didn't. Crooks did a burg, took his home hi-fi gear (massive $$$ in itself) then drove away in his 4WD loaded to the gunnels with his stuff. They found the keys sitting on the bench. Better than the stolen VK wagon they had been getting around in!
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 26/08/04 03:01 PM Posted 26/08/04 03:01 PM I have heard falcons since the EL have had good security systems in them, and the easiest way to steal on was to steal the keys first. Not much you can do about that though.Dazza.
sbr79 Member 280 Member For: 22y 3m Posted 27/08/04 01:22 AM Posted 27/08/04 01:22 AM Well what I do is attach my car key s to My German Sheppards Collar, an d my Rottiweiler she guards him. Oh they are great dogs, especially when they pee on the rice burers tyres, and bark wildly at holdens.
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 27/08/04 01:35 AM Posted 27/08/04 01:35 AM This is a first for me I had not heard of any new Fords going, what turbs said is correct they can go but there are still many far easier cars out there ( Excels, Lasers and WRXs etc ). So it shouldn't be a big problem for some time yet.
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 27/08/04 09:45 AM Posted 27/08/04 09:45 AM Do a search on the forums. Someone was talking about one or two XR's going from a dealership in Sydney a few months ago. Don't know the circumstances but I don't thing the keys were taken.I know my dealer won't leave a customer's T in the yard to collect after hours (after a service) without the owner's written consent because of the risk of theft. In fact, if I am going to be late to pick my car up from them after work, they'll wait for me even though I tell them I have a spare set of keys with me.
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 1d Posted 27/08/04 11:41 AM Posted 27/08/04 11:41 AM Im thinkin they got the keys.... anyone got a reference to the article/forum?Ross
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 27/08/04 11:47 AM Posted 27/08/04 11:47 AM Do a search on the forums. Someone was talking about one or two XR's going from a dealership in Sydney a few months ago. Don't know the circumstances but I don't thing the keys were taken.I know my dealer won't leave a customer's T in the yard to collect after hours (after a service) without the owner's written consent because of the risk of theft. In fact, if I am going to be late to pick my car up from them after work, they'll wait for me even though I tell them I have a spare set of keys with me. Scootre I remember when this happened also, the dealership was actually still trading and the car was taken from the yard, when I needed a loan car after the last time ford mechanics screwed up the keys of the courtesy car were still in the ignition.Dazza.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/08/04 12:02 PM Posted 27/08/04 12:02 PM Just read on XR6 XR8 web site of a GT ute stolen. So I ask a question to our members in blue, have many of the BA falcons been pinched?, have the T's been a hot item for thieves like the WRX's were a decade ago? A GT ute??? Do we mean a Pursuit?
bara Member 183 Member For: 23y 2m 19d Location: Gold Coast Posted 27/08/04 10:20 PM Posted 27/08/04 10:20 PM Thinkin it was a Pusuit Ute, as I've seen a post about said same vehicle being nicked at FF.com and proutes.comGotta be spewin about that. :o Can't say I've heard of a BA or AU being stolen where the keys weren't used.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now