XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m Location: NSW Posted 23/07/04 03:43 AM Author Posted 23/07/04 03:43 AM You can supprisingly pick up a new 20" tyre for around $400 if you shop around. Word is that in around or year the prices should drop from $400 to around $325. But I'll believe that when I see it
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 23/07/04 07:56 AM Posted 23/07/04 07:56 AM lol I wonder why they charge more when they use less rubber to make them? The rims look nice Phantom pulls off chrome well
BADGERSXR6TUTE Member 209 Member For: 22y 6m 23d Location: llandaff, tasmania Posted 23/07/04 09:14 AM Posted 23/07/04 09:14 AM Very nice XRPhantom, makes a phantom ute look even better
sachemo Member 32 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Location: Townsville Posted 23/07/04 01:28 PM Posted 23/07/04 01:28 PM Sweet as!Looks great!
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/07/04 05:34 PM Posted 23/07/04 05:34 PM I bet the guy that fitted them had a hell of a time trying to get the tyres on the rim, my local tyre guy b**ches ebough about trying to fit 17's
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 17d Location: Birkdale Posted 25/07/04 07:35 AM Posted 25/07/04 07:35 AM OK - looks good... but it now needs a ride hieght to match the rims. 500mm front and rear on Koni adjustables. Then it will be awesome!
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m Location: NSW Posted 26/07/04 12:44 AM Author Posted 26/07/04 12:44 AM Went and got a quote for new Pedders springs front/rear and camber kit. Just a tad under $1000. So the Ute will be coming back down to earth.
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m Location: NSW Posted 26/07/04 12:55 AM Author Posted 26/07/04 12:55 AM OK - looks good... but it now needs a ride hieght to match the rims. 500mm front and rear on Koni adjustables. Then it will be awesome! 500mm at the front???? What springs etc did you end up going with Rednut? Hope you didn't reset the rear springs? Heard some bad reports on that, especially ride quality and tyre wear. Also the Pedders ute went through a front set of 17 inch tyres in 8000km when they lowered it and didn't put a camber kit in. Now they have the camber kit it, the tyre wear is back to normal.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 17d Location: Birkdale Posted 26/07/04 08:02 AM Posted 26/07/04 08:02 AM Sorry mate, 50mm, I came down 30mm front and 45mm rear. I have reset springs, and they are fine. And the front camber is identical to what it was before according to my wheel allignment print out.I had a camber kit on my ED when I dumped that, and I never had the wheel alighment the same again. I won't get another one untill I absolutely have to. besides no one said I needed to and since the front geometry is identical where is the extra wear gonna come from?BTW - the rear leafs ride identically to when they where at sock height. Infact they didn't change shape very much, still flat as before.
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m Location: NSW Posted 26/07/04 10:42 PM Author Posted 26/07/04 10:42 PM Sounds good Rednut If you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back to have the springs reset and for new fronts springs. Also where abouts did you have the work done?Cheers,Greg
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now