Jump to content

unmarkedf6

Member
  • Posts

    50
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by unmarkedf6

  1. Alrighty only they do it. Guess I'll have to keep saving, got everything else, so once the pumps in, it's ready to go!!
  2. Yeah that's the proper way to do it. Heard Nizpro does pump mods?
  3. All of them
  4. Yup, marked Em before I pulled Em off! Now I just need an oil pump. Still undecided on whether to do it all or just gears and back housing, I know I'll kick myself if the pump fails either way haha.
  5. I've bought a few things off him and 2/3 times so far postage has taken more than 3 weeks. Not real impressed when he blames Aistralia post 3 times in a row for the same item. Sped the extra $250 and get atomic.
  6. Never mind, through checking the timing marks, I'm fairly sure 566 1782 is the exhaust
  7. Last request, the cams have been mixed up (maybe by me) I've got two part numbers, which is intake and exhaust? 566-1782 is one number 567-1833 is the other? ?? I'm probably pushing it now haha
  8. Legend thanks!
  9. Hey guys anyone got the head tightening sequence, had a quick look on the net and couldn't find it. Headgasket didn't come with instructions??
  10. Ended up going a cometic head gasket, also got the head back this week, turbo, manifold. Just a dummy up, still waiting on atomic oversize head washers (on back order) then oil pump and sump. Then the engines done!
  11. Bought a 6boost manifold and gtx4202r today! Stuffs starting to get serious! ?? Head will be done this week! any recommendations on headgaskets? Think a steel mls type, but if there's anyone that knows of better ones please chime in! Pics to come soon!
  12. Any recommendations on who do the best price on a gtx42? I know I sound cheap but $3500+ is a lot of money! Any helps appreciated! Or if someone has a whole gtx42, manifold, dump etc I'd be happy to buy!
  13. Depends what bta motorsports put in it. If they just did a standard rebuild, I'd say it's a hand grenade for a modified xr6.
  14. Ooooh talk like that makes me want a haltech now!! My tuner doesn't want me to use cams in mine with the standard computer so I guess I'll stick with a standard top end at the moment. Got out the bottom end back and assembled it, I managed to squeeze the windage tray on there too with the main stud nuts getting a full grip so pretty happy with that, next step is an atomic oil pump I think, need a new sump as my old one had a crooked helicoil put in it and never stopped leaking! got my heart set on a gtx42 size turbo now, I'd like to squeeze 600rwkw out of this on e85 but if I don't, no biggie. But a "fun size" turbo only got some quick pics today also bought a snort plenum too during the week, mounts on the standard runners. I'll polish it over the weekend too. originally wanted a cpc one piece plenum but he doesn't make xr6 ones at the moment. happy Easter guys!
  15. Hey HI PSI, what size rear housing are you using? I'm very interested in how yours will go, are the stage 3 cams duo phase cams?
  16. Are they really laggy through a manual or bearable? Should I be going smaller than 1.01 for the rear housing size? update. All machining and clearances checked and double check, now I've just got a bill for all the machining ? I'm still undecided on cams. I've bought an fg engine to use the head and a couple bits and pieces.
  17. Really considering the gtx4294 size options. A lot of my mates with xr6 turbos have done the gtx35 thing so that seems like the norm to me now. Not gonna be going to the drags just want a fun street car what do you guys reckon? Or is there a low mount option with a ~68mm compressor wheel or something? update on the engine, currently getting the block bored and decked and getting a second check on crank and tunnel measurements while its there. Been told it should be all done, mid next week. Can't wait!
  18. When it's done I'll let you know if they melt with 30+ psi going through them hahaha
  19. I thought Pistons would be the weak point before the head lifting? How much power do people push through these setups? I figured I wouldn't go any harder than about 550-600kw?
  20. No worries ill try to share more, please check out my build thread in the ute section.
  21. Hey guys thought I'd share my bf xr6 turbo manual ute. Was previously making 378kw till the fuzz defected me. Was running 80lb injectors, in tank herrod 265lph fuel pump, aps intercooler, x force full exhaust and high flowed( 64mm gtx wheel )standard turbo. And a heavy duty clutch that barely held up with the hell I put it through! so I lost interest in just repairing it. Now I've pulled the engine out and am currently rebuilding it! I went with spool rods, Ross forged Pistons, crank girdle, main studs atomic timing chain tensioner and chain and aftermarket oil pump so far. I'm still sussing a few things out with the top end besides valve springs obviously driveline will be another issue but I'll deal with that when I get there hahaha goal with the engine is to have a powerful, yet still drive able daily driver, (ideally 480+kW) being a manual limits my choice of turbo and drivability. I'll figure that out later here's some pics let me know what you think! also included parts of my timing guides which fell apart and (I think) caused a rattle on cold start up!
  22. Hey guys, I'm currently building my bf xr6 turbo engine. I've got the bottom end sorted out but I've been given advice to fit an fg head but my concern is the duo phase cams? I don't fully understand the theory but will I be able to bolt the head on and get advantage of the "swirl pattern head"?
×
×
  • Create New...