forrestd
Member-
Posts
80 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by forrestd
-
we have 2 people lined up for the spot, thanks.
-
I have a free spot available but having trouble contacting reserves. call me on 0408327007 if you are on the reserve list and can make it tomorrow.
-
Just some last minute points * Bring your rego papers * If the car is not registered in your name, owner must grant you permission to race in writing * Bring your valid drivers license * Wear long pants and long sleeve top * Bring a helmet with an ASA sticker * If your car runs quicker than 10.99, you need requisite ANDRA setup * If you are not on the driver/crew list, you cannot get into WSID * WSID grandstand/spectator area off limits * Crew members must be 18 years or older * Gates open 8:30am * Racing starts at 10am * If you are delayed phone me on 0408-327-007 BTW the weather looks dubious. I will call WSID at 7:30am for a weather check and they will advise. If the weather is a problem, the event will be postponed and I will call those who have requested a phone call. I will also post a message on the forum prior to 8am. Call me if anything is not clear. See you tomorrow..........
-
Guys, please check the list to make sure I have you noted with crew http://members.optushome.com.au/~duncanfor...d-confirmed.htm If there is a mistake please let me know.
-
some of the guys on another forum live close to the track, and they are arranging some sausages etc to be cooked and brought down at 12:30pm. If you're up for that let me know and I will pass the numbers on.
-
I have to send this list to WSID today, please if you haven't told me your crew send it now, otherwise they might not get into wsid. Any questions call me on 0408-327-007.
-
Remember I need the full names of your crew Please check your details here - if there is a mistake let me know asap. There seems to be no interest in an organised lunch, so please bring your own; alternatively we might do a pizza run at lunchtime.
-
Remember you will need these as per regular street meet: - Current Drivers Licence - Rego paper for the vehicle - Long sleeved shirt and pants - Normal enclosed shoes, no stilettos - Helmet with ASA sticker If the vehicle is not registered to you, authorisation from owner, and rego papers- NO REGO PAPERS NO RACE. WSID do not allow alcohol, glass bottles, or open flames on site either, but bring your brown undies. If you car runs under or close to 10.99, please confirm you have the necessary ANDRA certification and licenses to me by tomorrow.
-
Here is the schedule for the day: * Gates open 8.30am * Credentials and Scrutineering from 8.30am to 10.00am * Racing from 10.00am to 12.30pm * Lunch break from 12.30pm to 1.00pm * Racing from 1.00pm to 4.00pm * Pit Area cleared by 4.30pm * Gates close at 5.00pm Some things I need from you: If your car runs quicker than 10.99, you need to confirm you have the requisite ANDRA setup/license etc, please let me know. If you are close to 10.99 you might want to let me know. If you are new to drag racing, and want a walkthrough of the process, please let me know, otherwise there will be no walkthrough arranged. If your car is not registered in your name, you need permission to run, in writing granted by the registered owner - contact me for details if required. Please try and be there at 9am or just prior; if you or your crew cannot make it on time please call me on 0408-327-007 so we can make arrangements. Please make yourself familiar with the track regulations: http://www.wsid.com.au/main.php?cat=Home&s...k%20Regulations And please call me if you have any other questions. Rain-out If it is raining prior to the event we shall postpone for another day. On the morning of the event a decision will be made prior to 8am and posted on the forum at 8am. If you require a phone call let me know (drewbytes I will call you - you're coming from Canberra) Phew.. Duncan
-
you can still do it to a limited degree as part of the crew. but yeah, not the outcome I wanted. a few people have kids / family they wanted to watch.
-
This is an important note about the track day this Sunday, please read it and respond via PM or email asap, thanks. Spectators There was an incident recently where a private booking was overrun with uninvited or unknown people. I dont know how that could happen or any detail. Anyway it was so bad from WSID's perspective that all future private events have been cancelled pending revised procedure. We were lucky to keep our booking. To cut a long story short, they are enforcing ANDRA regulations to the letter; the permit for these private events does not allow spectators as such, which means we cannot use the spectator area. However each driver is allowed 2 support crew. Support crew may follow their respective car out to the track surface for the launch (take a photo if you wish) watch the run and back inside through the tunnel after the run. Unfortunately people under 18 years of age cannot be support crew, therefore they will not be able to see much of the action (if any). This means there is little point bringing along anyone under the age of 18. I realise this isnt family friendly at all, and if this is a show stopper for you, I apologise. Let me know if you're thinking of pulling out and I will sort something out. We have quite a few people waiting for spots to open up. Only nominated drivers and named crew will be allowed entry on the day. If you were thinking of bringing extra drivers or spectators/crew unannounced, don't bother as WSID will kick my arse. In addition to drivers, your nominated crew will have to fill in indemnity forms. We will need to sort out timing / when people will arrive and depart as the gate will not be attended all day. I realise this sounds disorgansied however WSID do not have any real procedure for this kind of private event. I think we're inventing it. If you want to come along as a guest, the only way to do it is be part of the crew for a car. Crew members can arrive in their own car, but I dont think we'll be in a position to administer crew entries after scrutineering. If you want to be part of the day (as driver or crew) you need to be there at the beginning of the day. Just to drive this point home, the spectator arena will not be available please do not bring family members and hope they can sit in this area, I've been told 'no spectators'. However your crew can watch your runs as above. Lunch The Lions Club BBQ fell through as the organiser was hospitalised. We have 2 options: bring your own lunch or I can organise a simple lunch for a small fee. There is an issue with open flames at the track so BBQ's are a problem. If we have numbers for the organised lunch we'll do it. Alternately we could get a bunch of pizzas or something delivered at 12:30pm. Questions 1. If you are bringing a crew (maximum 2) I will need their full names please. If we dont have them on the list, they cannot get in on the day. I have to supply the list to WSID. Also I need their date of birth, hair colour and TFN (just kidding!).. I know this sounds rather regimented but I do require their names. 2. Let me know your preference for lunch. I will follow up with details of the event, including procedure for rain-out, as the forecast looks dubious. Regards, Duncan
-
I will confirm spectator details tonight. I think it will be a couple of spectators per car, and they will be free.
-
Good news I have over 95% of all payments, thanks to everyone for paying upfront. I will be meeting WSID today so if there are any last questions please let me know.
-
If you are seeing "reserve" in the list you might want to hit refresh as the list only has paid up people on it now. Perhaps we should think about another day soon and make it a priority for those who missed out to get in first. Too many people missed out.. pity we can only take 30. But anyway I guess we have to make this day work first..
-
guys can you check the list to make sure your payment records are correct let me know via PM if there is a discrepancy.
-
NYOPA you are next on the reserve list, I have a feeling 1 or 2 more may drop out.
-
A few people have dropped out and places quickly filled by reserves, the list has been updated. We have about 1.5 weeks until the event; for those who paid a 50% deposit, can you please pay the balance. I have to pay WSID 2 days prior to the event. thanks
-
Guys you might have heard rumours about future private WSID bookings being canned due to organisational issues at a recent event. I have checked with WSID, our day on the 19th is not affected.
-
the list has been updated. Also I've sent you all emails with an update. Any issues please email or pm and I will get back to you.
-
guys fyi please find the WSID deposit receipt here also a record of payments received here It takes about a day for the transaction details to come through so if you've paid and it is not indicated please wait, or let me know by PM and I will try and chase it up.
-
Julian you have a pm, a spot has opened up.
-
Dont tell me I have missed out I wanna PB. Bet I've been guzzzumped by those LS1 cretins :lol: JB make em let me.........pwwwweeease I feel very unloved. If this is true put me down for first reserve. Damned interstate trips Julian you are number 2 on the reserve list..
-
Guys please stop sending deposits, I think we're full up. If you want to be put on the reserve list let me know. Excellent response, thanks guys.
-
wow, I've received about $1000 in deposits overnight. Please, if you are interested make sure you pay the deposit, I dont want you to miss out!! btw, if the day doesnt go ahead for some reason, you get all your deposit back of course.
-
I've sent you all details on how to make your deposit, let me know if you didnt get the email or pm.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.