Jump to content

cheese

Member
  • Posts

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cheese

  1. My wife and I will be coming for the cruise.
  2. The underside of the front spoiler certainly takes some hits. Could a thin rubber buffer(?) or tape be fitted below the spoiler to take the rubs? Then if damage occurs it could be replaced. Anybody got any suggestions and or solutions. I would love to get my XR6 lowered but I would be to worried about the underside of the spoiler.
  3. I went to the Sydney Car festival at Rosehill today. I didn't think much of it. Very few trader stalls (3 selling sun glasses?)and only the PPG XR on display. Maybe the dyno and burnouts could make it worthwhile, but I thought for $25 it was a waste of time. What do you think.
  4. My air conditioning doesn't work as well as in my 1994 ED. Does anybody have similar experience to me? I have to leave the control on MAX all the time, to get some relief from the Sydney heat. I run the system in recirculated air mode and the fan on past half way. With the control off MAX there is nearly nil cooling. My old car used to cool the car quickly but in the new XR6 I'm sweating. Is there any way that I can get some better relief? Could the controls need attention or thermostat altered. I wouldn't want to be driving in the outback. I intend to go to the dealer but if I could get some feedback first it would be appreciated.
  5. Great looking forward to it. April sounds fine, before or after the school holidays.
  6. Miss XR Great job the hard work was much appreciated. Thanks for the very well organised afternoon. Although we could only go as far as Penrith, we loved getting together with fellow XR enthusiates. The cars looked great and were a credit to everyone. My wife and I look forward to the next event. Hope to see you all again soon. Peter
  7. Hi I will come for the run up to Penrith at this stage. Cheese
  8. Yes I thought it was about recalibrating too. Dallas how was your car changed over, I would be pleased to hear about your experiences. Did you have to scarifice any info or have you had any problems.
  9. Thanks for the info about my initial enquiry. I am only a recent owner and I am trying to find out what is available on my car. Do I need to have a dealer do this or could I switch between the "Police Mode" and the standard mode. Like "Boosted" I would like to know how to enable and what do I lose. It seems that Ford doesn't want the ordinary owners to know to much!
  10. With speed cameras etc these days, I would like to have a more accurate and more visual speed reading than we get from our present speedo. I know that the NSW Late model camira SS police chasers have a way of making their cars give a digital reading from the standard instruments. Is there any way that the XR6 can give a digital speed reading from the Ford XR6 computer. If this is not possible could you get an aftermarket digital speedo instrument fitted to the XR6. If so does anybody know who could do it in Sydney.
  11. Has anybody improved the cold air intake on their XR6. I have been wondering what improvements could be expected. I understand SSInductions in Qld have one, has anybody else produced an improved intake?
  12. There seems to be many cars waiting for a lower grille. Ford should have one as an option. I would like one but I'm waiting to see the latest version from Herrod or somebody who can deliver a classy unit. Maybe Rob Herrod could put a pic on this site or anybody else who has a good one for sale. It would be good advertising. While you are about it Rob could you post pics and details about your new XR6 cold air induction unit
  13. I understand that Redcliffe Dyno have a Sydney agent at Perfection Injection at Bankstown 02 97913122 talk to Mark. Anybody know about their expertise? I am interested in the N/A tune up. Does the Herrod exhaust perform better than say the Pacemaker or the Di filippo. What about a cold air intake system? Apart from the SS Inductions one is there any other maybe a Herrod one.
  14. I voted yes because I feel a little out of it having only having a XR6 N/A. I feel that an XR6 N/A doesn't quite fit into the cruises and discussions and would fit into the outings. Also the merchandising is only for the XR6T.
  15. I spoke to a dealer on the 14 June and he said that blueprint and blood orange colours were going. Has anybody else heard this as I don't know what colours will be available by the end of the year when my car will be ready.
  16. Has anyone fitted an analogue clock to their XR6T. It looks like you could replace the centre top panel of the dash with one from the Ghia. Would it fit ? Any idea of the cost of this?
  17. HELP!!!! Can anybody in Sydney do the electrics for me? Blue switches and auto up and down
  18. I don't like it! Are there any other new colours coming? Maybe Ford could produce a candy apple mica colour like the old cardinal red.
  19. Times] What is the difference between a MOMO steering wheel and the sports steering wheel that are listed in the options for the XR6T and the standard steering wheel. What would you recommend?
  20. cheese

    New Members Thread

    I just love the the XR6T and hope to learn all about them so I can purchase mine soon with the right gear. I like the Baroosa Red colour but was disappointed that it not available on the XR range. So I'm still trying to make up my mind what colour to order. Love the site it's like a car mag on the car cheese
×
×
  • Create New...