xr6tinscotland Member 10 Member For: 17y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Scotland, U.K Posted 26/04/09 01:09 AM Posted 26/04/09 01:09 AM Evening all,Wondering if you can help me, im trying to find what spec and model number the coil pack / spark plug leads are on my 2005 BA mk2 xr6 turbo and where I can get a new set from. I live in scotland so if you gave me a part number for the leads I might be able to get some over here from a different vehicle.Many thanksDavid
Chich Damn You's A Sexy Chich Member 3,843 Member For: 18y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Your House Posted 26/04/09 01:17 AM Posted 26/04/09 01:17 AM they don't run your conventional "leads" I think they are part of a harness which wont need to be changed, just do coil packs
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/04/09 02:23 AM Posted 26/04/09 02:23 AM the "leads" come as part ofn the six individual coils.u can get these from ebay australia at a good priceFord Number on Packet: BA 12A366 AFord Number on Coil: 5R2U-12A366-AA(they come individually so ull need 6 of these)
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 26/04/09 02:26 AM Posted 26/04/09 02:26 AM I'm using cheap Chinese copies, and they are doing better than the factory genuine coil packs. The genuine units went 3 months then they began to fail. Under heavier throttle I would experience bad miss-firing and breaking down. Changed to these cheap Chinese copies and the problem was gone. They are still working fine after 4 months. These are the sort that would sell for around $140 a set. My only concern with the cheaper ones would be build consistency.
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/04/09 02:56 AM Posted 26/04/09 02:56 AM more info on genuine coilsMade in HungaryMade by VisteonPart Number: 4067758Part Number: 20-704-01011
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 26/04/09 04:23 AM Posted 26/04/09 04:23 AM I have a set of the borgg performance coils off ebay I got them for $145 they're probably the cheap chinese copies straughsberry is talking about but they fixed the problems I was having with the car spluttering and losing power with WOT and they've been in for over a month with no issues at all. Probably wouldnt cost too much to have them sent to scotland either.
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/04/09 05:00 AM Posted 26/04/09 05:00 AM Probably wouldnt cost too much to have them sent to scotland either.
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 1m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 26/04/09 05:11 AM Posted 26/04/09 05:11 AM http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-BF-FALCON-F...A1%7C240%3A1318
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now