Cooling System Flush

F6 RAPID

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 17d

Guys, I think that in some other thread that this was in fact covered althought not to the extent I am about to ask. In regards to your coolant and the coolant tank, mine has steadily turned brown and now with 4200kms it is disgusting and I also believe the car is running hotter.

My temp needle hovers between the halfway mark and the mark before. I recall that when my car was new, the temp needle did not vary one little bit. Now even driving it is a lot closer to the halfway than before. I believe it may have been harasn that said this brown tinge to the coolant is actually caused by the casting sand being loosened up under the pressure of the new motor.

Has anyone else noticed this? Where does your temp needle sit - does it move at all? Has anyone else had their radiator and cooling system flushed??

Thanks guys.

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 5d

I am on the same kilometres as you. temp gauge is normally just below half, and I don't recall it moving around much once the car is warmed up. Haven't checked coolant tank recently to see what colour it is now :huh:

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 17d
14000k's, never flushed, temp rarely moves from just under half there somewhere and my coolant tank looks like this, yours better or worse?

Yeah, mine is much worse. I will take a pic and post on the weekend. It is seriously disgusting.

• Member For: 21y 1m 10d

If yours is worse and done 10000k's less I'd be getting the coolant flushed under warranty especially if theres temp fluctuation. If they say its normal show em a disk of my photo and tell there must be something wrong with this one then!

• Member For: 21y 30d

This seems to be an on going prob with the Ford six. Ford recommends an engine flush at 30,000kms. Mine has stayed green with 5900kms on it needle sits about 1/3 the way and only ever rises slightly if pushed really hard. Get the dealer to sort it out. Make sure they put in atleast 33% Glycecol.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 7d

Hi all,

Turbo6 have you got access to an infa-red temperature guage? If so use of it will show that movements in the guage really make little difference as these modern engines run quite hot at alll times. For years I've scratched my head over the heat issues my ZJ 1980 Fairlane had with its Big Block engine & even the Clevo's it had prior to the transplant. The hand held guage I've used proved to me time & time again that everything short of the Red is OK by the engine.

Some settling will occur with your Gazelle but she'll be alright, the water will have to get extremelly hot before the engine's cooling system will lose the ability to keep everything under control.

However next time Ford have her, smile politely, get it flushed & changed for your peace of mind.

Scotty

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 5d
My coolant tank looks like this, yours better or worse?

Checked on the weekend. Mine looks just like yours, with roughly the same kilometres as Turbo6.

If you look at your coolant tank you will notice a small resivior in the lugg,leg, that clicks in to the body (directley under yellow lid)Mine is starting to fill with, I figure casting sand.How can a car company be so fuc&ing stupid? All ef,el,au had this crap now the ba!Dont start me on the brakes.Will post a pic of my sand pitt later