Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

Well guys,

most of you who have been reading my Blown Turbo threads will know I've been less than impressed lately

Firstly let me state that I Love the Ba's and I don't think my problems are endemic of the Barra Turbo motor...

Rather they're the result of the mind-dead useless sprog-brained mental midgets that work at FROST FORD, DARWIN.

Even with my loooong list of complaints with those squeezers, I went in last Friday to put a deposit down on a Typhoon. I had the cash, I wanted a Bionic manual with brembos....Anyways, I won't go into the details here, but they involve the numbats at Frost breaking the law...

So, Sixfan walked out of Frost Fraud swearing never to another car from them ever again OR to ever let thier monkeys touch any car I owned ever again.

Up here, the sell:

Fords

Subarus

Dodges (Dam no SRT for me...)

Porsches

Mercedes

etc...

I can't get a holden....besides I hear they're just sa bad as the other mob....

So I went to mitubishi.

yep. Sixfan went RICE.

(ready for the flames....)

They had a EVO IX in stock, so I bought it.

Here's a pic...

I'll post up a full review soon....

but.....they certainly are two different cars!

post-1127-1151135996_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • EVO 9 SUPPORTER
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE!
Posted

Oh well that's another one for the EVO's. If your after room and comfort the F6 would have been a better choice but if your after something that's reliable and can handle a punishment, the EVO is the answer. I have had my EVO9 since September last year and as a matter of fact it was the first one delivered in the country. I have not one bad issue with it whatsoever. I have modded mine already and makes 222kw at the wheels and I have run a 12.1@114mph just with an exhaust, filter and an EMS ECU/computer. There is more to come. :spoton: I hope you enjoy your car as much as I have as I cant seem to get out of it. :omg:

post-812-1151136909_thumb.jpg

post-812-1151136978_thumb.jpg

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

Glad youre happy,

but for the diehards on site I had my first trafficlight face off yesterday...with a modded XR6T..I muffed the start and gave up!

he smashed me. :spoton:

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

On you FourFan...so hows that backwards cap fitting? Hope it doesnt cut the blood flow to anything important :lol: :spoton:

Seriously but, they are an awesome piece of technology with a fair bit of mongrel in them too.

So...Does the cruise work over 200?

Lumpy :omg:

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted
On you FourFan...so hows that backwards cap fitting? Hope it doesnt cut the blood flow to anything important :lol: :spoton:

Seriously but, they are an awesome piece of technology with a fair bit of mongrel in them too.

So...Does the cruise work over 200?

Lumpy :omg:

Yo like its fully sic!

:blink:

does it cruise at over 200?

What's cruise control?

Mate, it's got climate air and a 6 CD stacker AND that's IT!

post-1127-1151138758_thumb.jpg

  • EVO 9 SUPPORTER
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE!
Posted
On you FourFan...so hows that backwards cap fitting? Hope it doesnt cut the blood flow to anything important :lol: :spoton:

Seriously but, they are an awesome piece of technology with a fair bit of mongrel in them too.

So...Does the cruise work over 200?

Lumpy :omg:

The cap fits fine thanks... :blush: They are an awesome piece of technology though the new F6 has come a very long way with the new gearbox and is keeping up to standards. You dont need cruise in an EVO as they always cruise over 200km/h. Actually last week a mate of mine took his off the clock at 260km/h and that was stock standard, mind you it was on a very, very private road in controlled conditions and circumstances. :spit::blink:

  • EVO 9 SUPPORTER
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE!
Posted
On you FourFan...so hows that backwards cap fitting? Hope it doesnt cut the blood flow to anything important :lol: :spoton:

Seriously but, they are an awesome piece of technology with a fair bit of mongrel in them too.

So...Does the cruise work over 200?

Lumpy :omg:

Yo like its fully sic!

:blush:

does it cruies at over 200?

that's awesome. I have a pic doing 230 but I have the ralliart dash with the 300km/h speedo. :blink:

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
Yo like its fully sic!

:blink:

does it cruies at over 200?

I mean the Cruise Control? I thought iddums was upset he couldn't set the cruise on those lovely territorian roads at 200+.

732km and 150MPh. :blush:

Good way to run it in I spose. :omg:

Lumpy :spoton:

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

The thing corners like nothing else I've ever driven, the car is best described as...uncompromising. The dealer in town actually made me feel good, quite the opposite from Frost Fraud. The EVO needs to be pushed to be enjoyed. The recaro's that my wide frame (fat arse) has trouble getting comfortable in become awesome when youre flogging it around a corner. limits of grip are way way up there, I'd love to go for a spin around hidden valley. flat out it sits on the hwy better than the T did.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 21d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

at least you're happy mate :blink: what did ford do to make you so angry?? damn them, depriving us of another modded phoon :blush:

I'm really considering an all wheel drive car as my next car.. evo, or sti.. probably an evo.. but I really want a phoon too :omg: anyone wanna give me some money :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...