What Did You Order?

richdave

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

The latest from Ford is that LSD and Traction control are both "standard options" but you can't have both.

Those of you who have already ordered your XR6 T, did you specify on the order either or both of these options? If only one, which one?

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
I wasnt given the choice to choose any.. :( or which one did I prefer.

Guess you'll be getting the traction control then. :huh:

Well, I suppose that's one of the benefits of holding off on the order - you guys are finding out all of the problems in advance :rolleyes:

Maybe you could tell them that you weren't advised of the choice given that the literature says that it comes with both - and get them to change it for you.

• Lifetime Members
LSD here.

Who needs traction control in a ute anyway??? :P

I scoff at the thought. B)

I just checked the specs and LSD is standard fare on the Turbo Ute and traction control is not offered at all. So you'll not get any surprises upon delivery and will (I'm sure) be very happy. :D

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d
I just checked the specs and LSD is standard fare on the Turbo Ute and traction control is not offered at all. So you'll not get any surprises upon delivery and will (I'm sure) be very happy. :D

Correct :D

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d
LSD here.

Who needs traction control in a ute anyway???  :P

I scoff at the thought.  B)

Actually.. have some even better news.. right from the source.

Spoke to my contact (who works for FOMOCO) and have been told 100% the XR6 Turbo comes with both LSD and Traction Control and so does the XR8.

The XR6 standard has optional LSD but no option of traction control. :D

• Like 1

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d
Actually.. have some even better news.. right from the source.

Spoke to my contact (who works for FOMOCO) and have been told 100% the XR6 Turbo comes with both LSD and Traction Control and so does the XR8.

The XR6 standard has optional LSD but no option of traction control. :D

You are correct in referance to the Sedan.

Ute is as per richdave's post.

• Lifetime Members
Actually.. have some even better news.. right from the source. Spoke to my contact (who works for FOMOCO) and have been told 100% the XR6 Turbo comes with both LSD and Traction Control and so does the XR8.

Yeah, I was told that by FPV nearly 3 weeks back, then last week they contacted me and withdrew this information, claiming that both are "standard options" but you can't have both on the same car! that's why I posted this thread so that when the deliveries start happening I can get the truth from a reliable source - an owner.