What Did You Order?

The latest from Ford is that LSD and Traction control are both "standard options" but you can't have both.

Those of you who have already ordered your XR6 T, did you specify on the order either or both of these options? If only one, which one?

I wasnt given the choice to choose any.. :( or which one did I prefer.

Guess you'll be getting the traction control then. :huh:

Well, I suppose that's one of the benefits of holding off on the order - you guys are finding out all of the problems in advance :rolleyes:

Maybe you could tell them that you weren't advised of the choice given that the literature says that it comes with both - and get them to change it for you.

LSD here.

Who needs traction control in a ute anyway??? :P

I scoff at the thought. B)

I just checked the specs and LSD is standard fare on the Turbo Ute and traction control is not offered at all. So you'll not get any surprises upon delivery and will (I'm sure) be very happy. :D

I just checked the specs and LSD is standard fare on the Turbo Ute and traction control is not offered at all. So you'll not get any surprises upon delivery and will (I'm sure) be very happy. :D

Correct :D

LSD here.

Who needs traction control in a ute anyway???  :P

I scoff at the thought.  B)

Actually.. have some even better news.. right from the source.

Spoke to my contact (who works for FOMOCO) and have been told 100% the XR6 Turbo comes with both LSD and Traction Control and so does the XR8.

The XR6 standard has optional LSD but no option of traction control. :D

• Like 1
Actually.. have some even better news.. right from the source.

Spoke to my contact (who works for FOMOCO) and have been told 100% the XR6 Turbo comes with both LSD and Traction Control and so does the XR8.

The XR6 standard has optional LSD but no option of traction control. :D

You are correct in referance to the Sedan.

Ute is as per richdave's post.

Actually.. have some even better news.. right from the source. Spoke to my contact (who works for FOMOCO) and have been told 100% the XR6 Turbo comes with both LSD and Traction Control and so does the XR8.

Yeah, I was told that by FPV nearly 3 weeks back, then last week they contacted me and withdrew this information, claiming that both are "standard options" but you can't have both on the same car! that's why I posted this thread so that when the deliveries start happening I can get the truth from a reliable source - an owner.

How far away is your car Chris?

Ive been told should be here on the 14th then the dealer has to get it ready so should be the 16th of November still! Bad thing is though im going on holidays on the 16th for a week to Thailand! So i wont be able to pick it up until i get back :(

OK...

The XR6 comes with Nothing.. No LSD, No Tract Control..

The XR6T comes with Standard LSD.

Trac Control is not a standard on the Turbo.

So those who have ordered the Turbo like me will get LSD on it.

:rolleyes:

OK...

:huh:

We're going around in circles here - the first person to get a turbo let everyone here know! :rolleyes:

OK...

:rolleyes:

Was the car you drove an auto or manual? The Traction control is only available on autos according to specs at www.newfalcon.com.au

After reading this thread early in the week l called our dealer to try and get to the bottom of this.

He called today after having spoken to Fords Tech help, and was told that our car (a manual) will come with both LSD and TC. Apparently the specs brochure is incorrect where it states that you cant have TC with a manual. We found out last week that metallic paint colours arent a NCO either as stated on the spec sheet!

l will have to go back and read through some of the road tests l have also, because l am failry sure in one of those the car tested was a manual and l can remember the jurno going on about how well calibrated the TC was. l will be disappointed if we dont get TC as l think its an excellent safety feature and in this day and age would be ridiculous for it not to be fitted to a car making well over 300hp.

l guess we will (hopefully) have the car in around 10 days time, so until then who knows what to believe?

This being the case, then I assume the TC/LSD combination is also available in the auto?

I definitely have an early article stating this but since the brochure arrived, I've been thinking one or the other. One of the few downers if we can't have both really.

As far as I know, metallic paint is a $255 option. This may have happened after the last minute pricing alteration that was rumoured to have occured.

:crazystuff:

I give up!

Yeah me to! Perhaps this is the last of the Ford secrets to be revealed! Although LionHeart posted that he has driven a Turbo that came with LSD and no TC. I think I'd prefer TC though.