Boost & oil pressure gauge wiring

Haydn23

• Member For: 11m 6d

Trying to finish up wiring my gauges 04 ba xr6t bought car already done but wiring was all over the shop so have tidied it up I’m wondering how to properly wire in my gauges they’re autotecnica and have red ignition positive, black battery negative, green sensor and yellow accessories positive wires where do I join them under the dash? Engine bay is done just need to connect properly have searched every forum and they’re all different, thanks to anyone who can help 

Edited by Haydn23

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

As soon as they come out of the gauges, you can "serial" connect them

(connect them all in the same spot to one wire). This can be done for all "negative, battery positive, accessories positive". Only the sensor ones have to come in individually.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

You can earth the negative anywhere on the chassis as long as it has a clean connection (e.g. no paint, only metal)

The positive should go to somewhere on the fuse panel (get a fuse tap if you need to) where it's constantly 12v, or something like the 12v constant outlet of the mobile phone plug (near the fuse panel anyway).

Accessory can go to the 12v cig-lighter plug positive which just under the ICC.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

Use something like this and you literally remove a fuse and plug this in. New fuse holder has one fuse for the existing circuit and one for your new circuit. You then have a new 12v source to run to your gauges.

Pick a circuit that behaves the same way you need eg is on with accessories

I can grab a photo later of what mine looks like

https://www.repco.com.au/globes-batteries-electrical/electrical-accessories/fuses-circuit-breakers/narva-add-a-circuit-micro-2-blade-fuse-holder-20a-54415bl/p/A5456319?rgfeed=true&cid=google-shopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&region_id=100064&gclid=CjwKCAjw9pGjBhB-EiwAa5jl3KkjXEsQkwO2r22lOek1sdhL6hXzW2m8ugf3o8gpAEi-Hq3aOpNY4hoC_RkQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

as per ^^, but just make sure to get the right fuse tap size for the fuses in your car; they're "mini" (not micro) type ones for a B-series... also much cheaper to buy off ebay than narva; $19 is steep for a fuse tap -> https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mini+fuse+tap&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sop=15

• Member For: 11m 6d

Thanks heaps for the info, just one more question how did you go about splicing in for an accessory positive? I have the sensor wire sorted ground & now power but have the yellow accessory left to go into the 12v cig lighter as k31th explained