Fitting 17” G6E rims on the rear of Ba Falcon

Bawwxay

• Member For: 1y 8m 14d

G’day,

Today I went over a stupid unsigned pipe in the middle of the road and buckled my clean deep dish 20’s that I run on My Ba XR6 Turbo, so when I got home I decided to test fit some 17x8 G6E rims that I had lying about thinking I could run them whilst my 20’s get repaired. 
when putting the 17”s on the rear of the car and checking for any issues, I noticed a bolt that’s to do with the rear suspension/ lower control arm (if they have them at the rear lol) that sits about 2mm away from the inside of the rim due to their offset. Is this an issue if I go over bumps or will the bolt/rim be one unit and not touch while going over bumps etc? 

I would upload the pics but don’t know how to turn a pic into a url lol 🤓

Even on the rear? 
it could possibly be the tow control arm bolt sits about 2mm inside the inner of the rim, doesn’t touch though. 
It’s the bolt closest to the rim, towards the front of the rear rotor.

my 20’s have about 5 inches clearance in this same spot. 
I just don’t want to scrape the inside of the rim lol

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Just jack up the car onto stands at the rear and put the jack under the control arm and turn the wheel at various positions in the suspension travel and confirm, if you're worried.

Obviously Puff was referring to the picture posting instructions, in hindsight, which are located here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, I need to get new tyres for the rims, which I’m doing tomorrow and of all things the impact gun was flat so instead of test fitting all four rims I just checked one rear 😆 

hopefully they don’t touch under load, I’m fairly certain no suspension/brake component that’s close to the rim would move separately from the rim, otherwise there would be no “fitment” or “stance” lol 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

That bolt also acts as a lathe. I fitted some random wheels to the back of my Falcon and the bolt was jammed into the rim. I just drove it for a bit on the jack with the wheels in the air then reversed the bolt and instant fitment.

• Haha 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

With your wheel facing down on the ground even with a tyre fitted, measure from the ground through the centre bore hole to your straight edge placed across the top of the wheel, then divide that number by 2.

https://samotorsporttyres.com.au/wheel-offset-calculator/