Xr6t getting hot

Mox32r

• Member For: 1y 2m 13d

It has none of the issues you get with a head gasket though. No Coolant in the oil or exhaust. And no oil in the Coolant or fuel in the Coolant. Will do a compression test on each cylinder when I chuck the new Coil packs in anyway.

Oh and not loosing any Coolant or pressurised coolant system when it's cold

• Member For: 11y 8m 27d

How old is bottom hose? It's quite possible it's sucking in. Factory ones have a spring in it I believe. Most aftermarket do E but if it's old it can get spongy and suck in. 

Also make sure fans are working correctly. There is 3 relays. Try swapping them around Aswell but if you bottom hose looks suss I'd be betting it's that. I would replace it 

• Like 1

It's an aftermarket hose. Mackay I believe. I went to get a gates one but they feel soft too. I don't think these have the spring from factory. I am trying to find an aftermarket one to put in the hose though. I am going to experiment with switching the fan 1 system on manually at an earlier temp to see if that helps too. Although the other day when it was sitting on 106 degrees or so the fans were flat out and it wasnt coming back down. The drive home that day from Canberra the temp that day dropped dramatically and so did the temp in the Ute, it was hovering around the 88-92 mark until I was going up an incline where it would climb to 107 or so. This sh*t can't be normal

So I just replaced the valve cover gasket and jesus that was well overdue. This thing had been neglected. The seals and gaskets were plastic lol. Number 1 and 3 plugs were completely submerged in oil. Anyway, the compression check showed 160-165 in all cylindrr apart for number 2. It was 150. Is 10 psi difference in 1 cyl an issue for a barra? Had no Coolant or anything in that cylinder. New 50mm rad on the way and I rigged up a switch for stage 1 fan to turn it on when I want to see if that makes any difference.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

After a read of this just now and your previous thread I replied to, seems like she might be a bit shagged mate. It should be closer to 180 to 200psi in all 6 and any more than 5 to 10psi difference across the board means something is worn out or broken. Certainly 150 and 165 is a giveaway.

Open the oil fill cap on the rocker cover and see how much smoke is coming out. If it has a clear pulse to it then it points to a cylinder having damage. This would explain the miss you were talking about in the other thread.

OK so I just took the oil filler cap off while it was running and there was not even the tiniest bit of smoke or puffing. And just then starting it was a struggle. I just did not want to start. I had to use the accelerator to get it going and when it finally started it was like it was running on 4 or 5 cylinders I brought the revs up to about 2200 and it started to smooth out back to normal. This I ❤️ Bananasing heap of sh*t is doing my head in. It will be for sale very soon so I can buy my ss back lol

Haha "I ❤️ Bananasing" 😂😂😂