4 inch electric cut-out exhaust

• Member For: 3y 8m 2d

I'm looking into plumbing a 4 inch electric cut-out exhaust to dump just before my rear baffle ( giving the car a louder note ( instant cop bait, I KNOW! )). Instead of wiring a seperate switch/harness to activate it, I've been thinking of finding the 2  wires that runs into the rear window, that are connected to the open/shut from the drivers door, and then having the ability to open/shut my cut-out exhaust from my drivers door. Obviously the window wont anymore from the drivers door, but am hoping that it can still be opened from the switch on the rear door.( not going to loose any sleep if it never opens ) Is there any chance that a fault code could pop up?

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3d

This is what I did trans cooler fan - just drilled a hole in the removable blank for the power adjustable pedals. Then use one of those add a fuse things to add a circuit from the fuse box and ground to the fuse box retaining bolt.

Then you aren't messing with factory wiring or losing any functions. f4344dcf6c76d3aca3249ae824aaa968.jpg47167bed4f980eaed03801310700a018.jpg

7 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Isn't there a window lock button there? Make sense to use that as an on/off switch rather than a window switch.

the cut-out exhaust has a winder motor , just like a electric window. A on/off wont wont. With the adjustment of the winder motor, you can open it a bit/ half way or full fat throttle. I just need to find the 2 wire's that redirect the power of the window going up or down. ( obviously, I'll tap into them on the middle pillar, and run them through a grommet hole under that back seat. I already have one on my XF ( for 10 years ).......and works perfectly .Here it is.......https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/265739340623

4 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Fair enough. I've run a couple of 4 inch straight piped barras and they are insanely loud! You're gonna need to wear ear plugs man!

The louder , the better......lol