Coilovers?

hoe

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 22d

If you're looking for comfort, the only real way you'll get that in a set of coilovers is to speak to Shockworks and have them spec out a set of "factory feel" coilovers. Won't be cheap, though!

I have BCs, also in WA. A lot firmer than factory setup and runs fine. Definitely less boaty. But less boaty means more stiff... So you'll need to weigh up the pros and cons of going to a set of coilovers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

Like @bossmang said, stock suspension will make it feel fine for "comfort" or coilovers on their softest setting which'll probably be mildly harsher than stock suspension but probably within your thought patterns of "comfort".

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
16 hours ago, bossmang said:

nothing about coil overs will be comfortable lol

put your stock springs back in imo

I dare say then, that you have either not set them up for a more comfortable ride, or you've driven with XYZs ;) 🤣

I'd have to strongly disagree with your statement. I have BCs, when I used the big rig as a daily I'd have them set 3 clicks from their softest settings. Was it a more firm ride than factory? Yes. Noticeably? No.

My partner couldn't tell the difference. In fact, it was a test. I put them in when she was at work, took her for a drive and asked if anything felt different. She couldn't tell any different. Even on an old, bumpy road. 

I have since tightened the front spring preload a touch, and drive often with it a lot firmer than I used to. I can confidently say this is noticeable, its a very firm ride. Even still, I can just soften the damping and get a more comfortable ride if I need to.

Suspension is not a plug and play solution. Hence why people complain about them being too stiff. Not the coilovers fault, its the user who hasn't properly set them up for their needs

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

I might need a couple of sessions with you then, to get my coilovers setup. :P You seem to know your stuff.

I got them and set the front to 4 and the rears to 3 clicks as per recommendations from shockworks. have had it like this for years and does me well.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

If the shockworks are like the BCs I have, then you have 30 clicks of adjustment. You're nearly as soft as the set can be. So its probably been setup (by their recommendation) to ride as factory. 
I highly recommend fiddling with them when you have the time! You can really fine-tune how you want it to feel! Unless you like it how it is, then leave it 😋

PS. I have absolutely no data to back anything I've said. Purely just me faffing around with the dials and spring preload to see how it feels 🤣

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 24d

years ago a mate bought a F6 with pedders coilovers on it, low as but rode smoother than his G6ET, Ivé got shockworks on my XR6T set up as per shockworks recomendations, ride is firm, proberly not what I'd want from aG6E!