3 bar MAP sensor part number?

cat007

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d
Hi all.
Dyno day next week for my FGX XR6T and it's been suggested to upgrade to a 3 bar map sensor.
I have a Bosch sensor but I think the wiring is back to front (from a BA?).
The sensor I have is part number: 0281006076
Does anyone know what Bosch part number I should be looking for?
Cheers!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Don't upgrade the tmap, upgrade the boost sensor to a 4 bar version and have it switch over to it in the software.

The how and why is available on the PCMTec forum.

Edited by Puffwagon
Added link

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Don’t do that…Long story short it’s not recommended anymore Get your tuner to supply & fit a TMAP sensor to suit your application and one he can tune with ;) 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

The reason you use a 4 bar boost sensor with a stock tmap is to keep the perfect driveability that Ford have spent 1000s of hours dialling in. When you reach the limit of the stock tmap it'll switch to the boost sensor seamlessly and allow you to run up to 44psi of boost.

IF you only want to run say 25 to 28psi then yes, use a 3 bar tmap.

The 4 bar switchover works flawlessly, providing your tuner can work with it. If your tuner can't work with it, he might have to pull his finger out and learn how ;)

• Gold Donating Members

That’s not the reason at all workshops don’t do or recommend this method. It came, it worked, it has major flaws we moved on ;) 

So much so the two major workshops who helped implement it had tried to get it removed from the software update. 

OP just do what your tuner recommends you do buddy 

• Gold Donating Members

It’s actually pretty obvious when you consider it in the non WOT application… Why is the TMAP located where it is ? What isn’t the BPS seeing and what separates the two sensors ?

Then think about fast transient throttle applications like doing a burnout… What’s that TMAP blind from if you’ve worked past it’s range ? 

The potential for incorrect fuel supply is there in a big way especially with excess boost pressure behind the TB blade then big gulps of unmetered Air to inrush. 

I’m using (as are most workshops) the new Omni power 5 Bar TMAP sensors with flawless low end resolution (28kpa as the factory sensor is) and 58psi boost control set & forget ;)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

You still get your iat measured when it switches over. You still have the timing where it needs to be due to the load being measured. When you are on and off the throttle the stock tmap will take over again, so you are measuring boost in the manifold at anything under 15 to 20psi or whatever voltage you set it to.

I understand your theory regarding unmetered air. The boost pressure sensor sees it pre tb and the tmap sees it post tb. The only way you would run into an issue is with rapid throttle smashing, where the manifold still has positive pressure above the max value of the tmap. Not something you would see too often but once is enough I suppose.

Anyhow if you reckon this 5 bar tmap works good, there's something for others to consider.

Haha I'm still gonna use my 4 bar boost sensor though, the only burnouts my car does are in a straight line when you jump on it in 3rd or 4th :launch: