Fg Xr6 Springs

OneSlowFg

• Member For: 1y 6m 7d

Hey guys, I have a xr6 fg its na atm since im 16 but anyways I need new springs for it but I dont want stock ride height, I was thinking of king ssl springs for the rear an king sl springs in the front, I have a set of 18x9.5 wheels/rims for it but I dont know if its legal height can anyone give me some info on if it would be legal height please an thank youπŸ™πŸ»

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 26d

I'm in WA, have stock 245 tyres on a 18x8 rim, SL's front and back (after buying it with ground-hugging cut springs, driving straight to a shop and telling them I "want it to sit a bit low, but nothing that'll cause me trouble"). Cops wouldn't look twice at it now (rule is 100mm, full laden). I've read on here putting SSL's in the rear actually makes the nose sit up a bit more so *shrug*. I note the SSL's come with a disclaimer they might make your car illegal. Best way to avoid a fine is to never get checked, so if its cambered with a milo tin out the back and you're frequently carrying every man and his fridge, I'd think twice. If shes clean and its just you and a box of Shapes, I'd go for it. But we dont seem to get hammered in WA like the eastern states do for mods.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 26d

I'll just follow this up with some pics. SL kings all around. 100mm block of foam under rear and front crossbeams. Didn't have anyone around to sit in it, so it's as high as it gets. About 1.5cm clear on the front and 4-5 up the rear, but my exhaust hangs a little low and would cut into that. Also the front sway bar was bang on 10cm, but I don't think that counts because it's part of the suspension.0ddUHqj.jpegADjQIc4.jpeg