Aftermarket IC Piping Fitment -preventing chaff

TurboBurbo

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 20d

Hey.

I bought myself a slew of mods I've been installing as I've found the time. This weekend it's been an Antz stage2 intercooler, associated piping kit and an Antz turbo side intake and battery relocation kit. 

And while I'm still finessing her, I can just see myself having a chaffing issue in 6 months time cause she's rubbing all over the place. In particular, the cool side riser from the IC to the manifold is VERY tight inbetween the battery and the front of the manifold. Had to file back an aircon piping bracket for the IC to clear, cut open and re-tape the MAP sensor wiring to give me another inch to reach the new pipe, file out the lower IC mounting holes cause they were ~1cm too close together and *veryvery* carfully bend the power steering metal line and sensor out of the way of the new intake.

Has this been peoples experience with these kind of kits? I mean, I'm use to fitting ebay sh*t on my farm ute and having to hack stuff to make it fit, but I'm having to bend, cut and file a little more than gets mentioned when watching installation videos. They might have just skipped over this finnicky stuff.

And, I'm thinking I will wrap the IC pipes where they come through under the headlights in an attempt to hold them firm (foam? cloth?), and tie the cool side riser to the battery tray to stop it rubbing. Do people bother? Got better options?

Cheers, Burbo.