Engine light and fault codes after tune

Shagsalot

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

it's ok, just get what you can from them, with regard to your expectations and then move on :) you made a good choice to modify/tune your vehicle, don't worry about what the missus says ;) 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 9m 20d
1 hour ago, Shagsalot said:

When you save,stash cash  and plan for great and get average leaves you feeling a little disappointed.  Lucky I've got my Mrs reminding me I should of just left it alone,like everything I just dont learn by mistakes, she's always right . 

Should sort it tomorrow  with them ,they can't fix what they aren't aware of ,who frigging knows ,will let ya know what they have to say cheers 

We've all been through this playing with cars. It still has to be done - stock cars are for boring chumps.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Just my opinion but I would take it to somewhere which has good feedback on here.  If that happened to me I wouldn't let them touch my car again.  Just write it off as experience, you learn from it.  I found asking around and taking it somewhere else has sorted out my problems and often cheaper than what the people who caused the problem quoted! The tuners you used don't seem to know what they're doing it appears on the surface, they should have done some checks to make sure no alerts would come up after a period of time.  I also would have asked for a drive with the tuner before handing over the payment.  Had my BA XR6T and FG F6 XCAL tuned my Mick in Frankston. Sadly he's not plying his skills any longer as far as I know.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 1y 7m 11d

Well I contacted them this morning, response was sorry sometimes these things happen after a tune,told me to bring it back in to fix it. Anyhow decided they won't be getting a second chance  to learn how to tune cars with mine, lesson learnt .  I've booked it in with a known tuner for 2 weeks will post up new dyno when done . In the meantime I will fit up the new venom exhaust before the tune . Appreciate the advice 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

I went and picked  up my stock cat from the tuner , he cleared the fault code p0420 which is from the high flow cat . The other one p1132 is sensor 1  bank 1  ,its running rich ,said the tune needs work no sh*t . I asked him why the drop off at 140  and he said a restriction somewhere. 

End of the day he did the best he could and it wasn't expensive they installed my parts for a good price also . 

She's going in next week for a retune with someone who knows these cars so all is good. 

This is the lambda from recent tune ,it does feel alot more responsive from stock but I can smell fuel at idle pretty strong and rough idle . Might explain the fault code p1132 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

You can see the afr is going down to 10.2:1 where that dip starts. This combined with incorrect timing is more likely why it falls over there. If it's still running like a bag of dicks you need to find someone who actually knows how to tune these cars. That kind of tuning is unacceptable.

For reference, I've seen a 30kw jump from running mine at 11:1 vs 12.5:1 on E85.

• Donating Members

She's booked in next week at real dyno ,I stumbled upon getting the tune by coincidence, I couldnt find a an-4 fitting anywhere for my oil feed line and was pointed to this place  the bloke got to talking and sold me a good story. Next thing I got this . I haven't been driving it much since the tune

I would of been none the wiser if it wasn't for all the info on this site .Thankyou