what may have I damaged?

bitcrusher

• Member For: 3y 10m 10d

So I have a few mods and recently installed a 15 psi turbo smart wastegate and while there I ported the waste gate hole as it had flapper mod but the hole wasnt opened up

car has 1000cc injectors 3.5 inch exhaust 4 inch dump 460 walbro pump, valve springs oil pump gears.

its has a base map mail order sct tune to get it moving so I can take it to dyno

took it for a squirt gave it alot, it boosted to 22 psi quite hard than I realised backed of and cruised home car had a rough idle on way back sounded like it wasnt running on all cyclinders will take it for a run around block tonight see if its still same

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

You likely just fatigued your valve springs, based on the symptoms... hopefully no lasting damage.

The "base map mail order sct tune to get it moving" isn't for "gave it alot" type of efforts, that's just asking for trouble...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d

Open the oil cap while it's running and see if it's puffing smoke out. If it is then farken farkers farked. If it doesn't do that then you'll likely be in the clear.

While it may have just been a pumped up lifter, there's also a good chance you broke a ring land. If you've got the gear, give it a compression test.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...