Just purchased car, loss of power

Xr6kav

• Member For: 1y 7m 8d

yes your right I think. I checked wastegate this morning and it was all good. I checked for codes a few days ago and I had p1000 - obd 2 system checks incomplete and p1132 H02s11 Sensor indicates rich and P1260 Theft detected engine disabled which I was able to clear the last 2 but I don’t think any of them are related anyway.

I’m going to check VCT solenoid filter tomorrow. 

Maybe when I used a jumper pack in between charging batteries to wind window up it’s stuffed something up in the ecu? Who knows…

thanks for your input.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d
12 hours ago, Xr6kav said:

p1132 H02s11 Sensor indicates rich

Did a mad skid once when I was moving house. Parked it up and the old place for a bit, went to start it again and it idled like an absolute pig. I had this code, I think I wrecked the O2 sensor.

Anyhow, changed it out and it ran good. Not really sure what other symptoms come about regarding O2 sensors.

Has the car been tuned??

it can run a bit rough with it I guess. Mines only rough when come I can see the sensor it at 0.05v then after a few minutes jumps to .70 volts and engine smooths out.

I do have a update though. I read approximately 100kpa on the scanner but I haven’t taken into account vacuum so 100kpa is zero boost. 

I took the cat out to check for blockage but was all good and exhaust prop was good too. 

Even though I have done a smoke test while I have the cat out I’m going to isolate the turbo and smoke test turbo alone. 

I’m out of ideas.

Anyone had any issues with boost sensor (the one on intercooler pipe before throttle body)? 
Could it be damaged or thrown into limp mode when intercooler pipe came off without any codes and telling the ecu that there’s no boost? 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 1y 7m 5d

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me, with the herrod intake you should hear it sucking on hard acceleration but not much on letting off accelerator as stock bov is plum back. I had the same problem you are describing when I fitted my intercooler piping, forgot to tighten a hose clamp and it popped off, if it's before throttle body it's not really unmetered air so it won't run rough but mine ran like it had no turbo