FG XR6 turbo milkshake

R ichard

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

Have you dropped the trans oil yet to see if it's farked? This is something you should have done immediately, along with removing the failed oil cooler to prevent further/any coolant ingress.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 30d

I wanted to do this mod to mine. I never got around to doing it as I dropped the adapt enable to 50degrees which made a world of difference. But after all that I only very recently put the adapt enable back to stock and deleted my external cooler and went back to a new OEM heat exchanger. Time will tell if I'm an idiot. But I figured with regular servicing, making sure coolant is in top condition and replacing the heat exchanger every few years I should be fine. I'm also a big fan of things been kept at reasonably constant thermal temps as that is what they are designed to run at for clearances and sh*t. No ZF data for that last comment, but that's what our steam turbines like and its something that's ingrained into me here at work so I just carry that on at home. And yeah, if it does milkshake then I can justify the 6R80 build, call myself an idiot and re-install my external again lol. 

• 2 weeks later...