BA Mk2 XR6T T56 Conversion

2X044

• Member For: 1y 10m 27d

Hi All, last thing left on the list is the reverse lockout, I know most people hook it up to the brake lights but I figured I would hook it up to the PCM like the stock BA Mk2. After not finding any wiring diagrams for the BA Mk2 that showed the lockout, I noticed that the BF and FG both had the reverse lockout wired to the PCM pin B42, also confirmed by the barra guide. I noted that my auto loom has no wire running from B42 so I ran a temp wire to check its function and got nothing (0V) with the car idling and stationary. The solenoid appears to need 12V to disengage the lockout.

Can anyone confirm if the BA Mk2 pin B42 is the correct pin for the reverse lockout, if not which one? Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the BA Mk2? Does it need the clutch depressed to activate the pin or some other logic combination?

Fresh from the conversion, if anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 5y 8m 4d

How did you go sorting this out? Looking to do the same thing and also noticed the BF has the pinout on the ecu. I was also going to run a test lead to the B42 pin but you've already done the hard work for me. Annoying it didnt work.

I wonder then if the BA ECU is able to be used the same way but may require that pin to be activated with PCTEC on a laptop? 

Did you get your auto ecu reconfigured to a manual one? This may also be another way to activate the b42 connector