Combined States Snowy Cruise - November 2022

EvilDaifu

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

For the last day's adventures, other than the "snow" stuff (I'll edit a clip together to show it all from my in-car footage and YLD127's front-facing camera footage). 

Just after we "escaped" from the what looked like blizzard conditions haha. Lined up for a shot or two. I was too nerve jangled to get a pic like Gary's earlier in this thread.

PXL_20221120_230430145.jpg

PXL_20221120_230446665.jpg

We backtracked to Omeo and the headed home via Bairnsdale instead. We said goodbye to YLD127 and got a dry-aged T-Bone each from the specials board. Delicious for a steak but fairly low quality for a dry-aged steak (medium-rare for me, of course)

PXL_20221121_025927332.jpg

PXL_20221121_030000982.jpg

PXL_20221121_022525186.jpg

Then it was 3 and a half hours back to my house and the "made it home" post above. 

Thanks to @EvilDaifu, @Rab, @YLD127 & @El Andrew for an epic cruise as always through the beautiful snowy mountains :) more media and stories to come, I'm sure.

• Like 4

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
38 minutes ago, EvilDaifu said:

Who's still driving with an eagle eye out for pot holes - 4 days of them I can't quite stop doing it :roflmbo:

Always did, well before all the flooding-related pothole production haha, my vigilance certainly increased when I put the 20's on the car :spamlaser:

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 5d
Who's still driving with an eagle eye out for pot holes - 4 days of them I can't quite stop doing it :roflmbo:
So I just went to pick the car up from getting a wheel balance... All four are buckled.

I only had one direct hit. The guy reckons I probably did a front and back then and the others would have been sometime in the last couple of months around Canberra and I just didn't know

$1200...
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

Serious Andrew!  I knew I took at least 4 direct hits, just some bad choices in last minute direction changes. Wondering if mine are buckled as well - I have my suspicions.  Don't feel any difference in driving though.  I was hoping we were going fast enough to skim across the top of most of the ones I couldn't avoid but some were like 80cm wide craters ...

• Gold Donating Members

Yeah they said one was bad and three very minor. Got a second opinion this morning (dropped it in for a balance and didn't mention previous diagnosis) and they said exactly the same thing as the first place.

Maybe I should just buy new wheels that would clear Brembos...

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha oh no! Expensive trip for everybody. My wheels got straightened yesterday. Drove home with my fingertips, enjoying the serenity of no vibrations.

• Like 1