Combined States Snowy Cruise - November 2022

EvilDaifu

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Made it home safely. Good car, well done car :) only minor scrapes from the fully out of control spin in that snow which prompted us to turn around and go back to Omeo as we were never making it further than where we turned around.

PXL_20221121_064513349.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Here's what it looked like at 9:39:59.

image.png

Here's what it looked like at 9:40:22 (just 23 seconds later :shocked: )

image.png

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Yeah, it was my first time driving with actual snow on the road... 20's with thin sidewalls and performance tyres like michelin pilotsport 4s's, it was just a battle to get any traction even with the tiniest of throttle application. I'm lucky I only got away with a scrape considering how big of a tank slapper the slide was... and I was going somewhere between 30 & 40km/h when the slide started... looking back over my footage just now you can see the snow cover on the road change from "dusty coverage" to a "thick sheet coverage" and then a second later I make a tiny steering input to stay on my side of the road (it was a gradual left turn) and the car just went into a four wheel slide and I was counter-steering like a mofo with my foot hard on the brake and it was doing nothing other than changing my pattern the tyres left in the snow as I spun around. I'm very happy I didn't end up in the ditch on the right or scraped along the armco on the left and only the rear bumper clipped one of those snow height indicator poles. So close to getting away with it completely, but also so close to a written off car. I count it more as "lucky".