Combined States Snowy Cruise - November 2022

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

Just checked from a bit past Talbingo to Khancoban is snowed under and road closed since 1 November.  Hopefully it melts away and they re-open that stretch in time for our cruise!  Alternative I'm thinking is via Adaminby.

Thank goodness Jindy to Khancoban is still open :thumbsup:

The road to Omeo is currently clear and same Omeo to Hotham as well for now.  I heard there may be some snow atop Hotham though!

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

I'll ring Tumut tourist info bureau to find out real road conditions and if the road we usually take to Jindy is going to re-open soon.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

I haven't rung yet but checking NSW live road conditions website today shows out route open to traffic currently.  I guess the warmer weather lately has helped melt away some snow!

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

VICs meet at BP Wallan 8am this Friday.  Lunch usual Red Rooster Wodonga then arrive in Tumut around 4pm or so (taking into account photo opps).

For others, please sort out how you will meet up amongst yourselves and hopefully aim to be in Tumut on Friday around 5pm for photo opp of us all together before dinner at Oriental Hotel.  Probably do the old train station again as the river one had bad light from memory and might be a bit flooded right now ...

There used to be a coin wash up the road from Oriental if you wanted to clean up before the photo opp (your car that is :roflmbo:).

From memory Shell just before Tumut has 98 RON. There's another place in town for 98 RON that's a bit less expensive Mobil on the way out of Tumut.  

I'll send out private contact list little later on closer to this Friday to help us co-ordinate.

Anyone else interested, please post up.  You don't need to stay at same motels as us, there should be plenty of other options.

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 26d

Plugs, oil, coolant, thermostat and some nice new injectors all went in last week.

But most importantly... Nice clean looking coolant overflow bottle.

Looking forward to Friday!

• Like 2