Cruise list

1. EvilDaifu VIC

2. k31th VIC +1 Kelli in i30 N-line VIC

3. El Andrew ACT

4. Rab VIC

5. YLD127 ACT
6. civillian ACT

By the way, the dates again are:

Friday 18 November - Tumut (book accomodation at Oriental Hotel $95 - right next to pub fully refundable up to day before)

(so driving to Tumut from your home on the Friday)

Saturday 19 November - Jindabyne (book Alpine Gables $147 - pub on site and half refundable up to 20 Oct)

(driving from Tumut to Jindy on the Saturday)

Sunday 20 November (for those interested) - Omeo (book Golden Age - pub on-site

but will check if they are opened first and find out pricing)

(driving from Jindy either home on Sunday or driving to Omeo to stay in Omeo on Sunday night)

Monday 21 November

(driving from Omeo to home on the Monday)

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

I've booked in Oriental Tumut for Friday night and Alpine Gables Jindy for Saturday night.  I tried ringing Golden Age in Omeo and still hoping to reach them.  Hope they aren't closed (due to lack of tourists). Shall let you know more.

Don't leave it last minute to book accommodation though. Can start to get low vacancies closer in to that time of year.

Well, went up to work event on Gold Coast last week and came home with COVID so I'm isolating until this Thursday.  Was bound to happen with such a huge number of people attending from around Australia ... I'm sort of okay, it feels like it's going to take a while for me to feel like normal again, still got plenty of aches in joints and am still spluttering like the proverbial 2 stoke mower that needs servicing :roflmbo: But at least I have a some immunity (but reading up a bit as you do in isolation someone said your more likely to get it again if you have had it which seems strange).

Anyways, that should not deter people from coming along.  I think COVID is going to be something that will be around for a long time and we will just need to take precautions and deal with it if it happens. You can't let it rule your life and how you live it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Just confirmed my booking at Golden Age Omeo for Sunday 20 November.  Upstairs rooms vary and mine is $145.  Downstairs budget rooms share bathroom are $70 (Except if you got at old price of $50 by booking much earlier!) Best to call Grant to book it ph 03 5159 1344.

No breakfast unfortunately but there is a bakery across the road!

My leave is approved as well.

Also car is serviced. Had to change headlights so decided to do both H4's with Phillips White Vision (only $52 pair on Amazon) and K&N cleaned the air filter since I had to unbolt it anyway to get at the head lights ... :thumbsup:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Booked in for Oriental @ Tumut 18th Nov, Alpine Gables @ Jindabyne 19th Nov & Golden Age @ Omeo 20th Nov :)

See you campaigners at the meet point in Vic or at Tumut! :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I'm all booked for Tumut and Jindabyne. Had to hold off as it looked like I might be changing jobs in November.

Turns out I am, so negotiated leave for this trip into my starting arrangements

I'll see how I go re Omeo, but as I minimum I might drive the sunday morning then head back home after lunch, rather than just heading straight home from Jindy like previously.

Now I've got to pull my finger out and get my fuel system sorted.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Congratulations on getting the new job @El Andrew :thumbsup:

Can't believe it's October 24 already ... Have to find a weekend where I can reacquaint myself with using the DJI Mavic and make sure my Go Pro still work - been like over 2 years at least :drivingalong:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Falls Creek has road closures right now to maybe Christmas 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/landslide-threatens-to-bury-falls-creeks-summer-economy-20221031-p5bucf.html

I'll check the other roads on our route.  If anybody local near the Snowy Mountains has local news about Tumut or Jindabyne, please call it out thanks.  If a cold snap comes through could be snow again like on a previous cruise ...

• Shocked 1