2009 fg turbo limp mode

Jayden7676

• Member For: 1y 10m 17d

I'm in New Zealand north island , don't Wana say who tuned it as I know plenty he's done and come out great no issues.  Over boost was set at 17pound to hit limp mode. With the bigger rare housing and flapper and new accuator , the acuator was done before the tune,  shouldn't it have sorted it out? , it's getting a new boost solinoid on Monday and going to run codes again then , 

Update went back today had a new boost solinoid installed , and is still playing up , waste gate keeps blowing open , keeps hitting over boost , has rare hosing upgrade and flapper , 12psi turbosmart accuator bran new , help hah , 

So I'm having some issues with waste gate pressure being to high and causing limp mode , have had it tuned and back and forth from the tuners for some time now,  done boost solinoid upgraded rare housing and flapper and have a 12psi turbosmart accuator in , 

Has had , full xforce kit , 4 inch dump 4 inch high flow cat and 2.5cat back , injectors done and fule pump , everything is going as it should no weird noises or leaks , hauls ass when it does its thing but keeps going limp mode dew to high waste gate pressure , any thing I should be looking at specifically to try fix this ?

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d

If the wastegate is 'blowing open' then that would suggest you're not actually able to build boost. 

Possible that the wastegate is not opening at all? Have you got the solenoid plumbed around the correct way?

What size spring have you got in the WG? Does the wastegate move freely? Without the car running, use compressed air and (GENTLY) apply a small amount of pressure and see if the wastegate actually opens. A bike pump is an easy way to do this - just don't be trying it with 50PSI (or +100PSI as most shop air systems run on) or you'll break things. 

It boosts for a couple pulls then goes limp mode , turn car of and back on and I can do a couple pulls again , check engine is on for waste gate pressure high only code it has .

Yip accuator is bran new and all set up correctly by the shop and they pressure tested the waste gate before it was installed all is well in that department 

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d

Testing it before installation and testing it in place can give vastly different results. A lot of things could have happened during the install. Bent actuator arm, clocked turbo causing binding etc etc.

Best to test it in place and confirm it still moves. 

If the wastegate isn't opening because of a bent arm or something, you're going to get all sorts of issues, some exactly as you're describing....