ba turbo 260,000 kms

dood1164

• Member For: 2y 2m 22d

G'day everyone, I have a ba xr6t and the poor bugger has over 260,000 kms I bought her at the end of last year knowing full well of the excessive kms. Unfortunately I have started to appreciate it more and more and want to keep and potentially put some more power through her. 

The question is. Is. It. Worth. It. 

I dont wanna pour my soul and more importantly my wallet into her if its just not gunna be worth it. I can do most of the work myself minus tuning and similar. Please let me know your opinions and experiences and I welcome sh*t talk haha. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Mate you can just do fuel pump, injectors, a tune and make a good 260 to 280rwkw.

Make sure all the service items are done to give it the best chance of longevity.

It'll be heaps faster than stock and that list supplied, fitted and tuned should only be a couple of grand at the right place.

• Member For: 2y 2m 22d

Cheers for the reply Cap, have heard from plenty to do this and sounds very do-able and fun.

My donk isnt to old for this? I feel like I'm overstressing for nothing haha. Just dont wanna blow it up within a couple of months after some cheeky mods. 

Cheers

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Some would say it's too old and some would say send it. I reckon it'll be fine at 12 or 13psi on 98 octane but I wouldn't want to push it much further cos the valve springs will be past their use by date.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 28d

Totally worth it.

But, you will uncover issues along the way. There are heaps that often aren't talked about relating to loom damage, electrical connectors, sensor failures etc

260,000km on a well maintained, non modified barra is probably not too bad. Just need to ensure its never been overheated, and you do preventative maintenance like new cooling system, trans service etc