Replacement CAT ba xr6t

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 27d

Hi all. The CAT on a ba xr6t. Wondering is there a replacement besides obviously a genuine or one from wreck etc that can replace with that won't cause issues with oberboosting etc? Like is there any that can be welded in?

I'm running a bf turbo cat section as original fell to piices a few years ago I don't think anything a wrong with mine ...it still revs fine no issues. Just fuel economy could.be way better and almost everything has been replaced. Currently like 20lphk round town but long drives can get 8 lph. That's town driving easy not hard.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

A high cells-per-square-inch aftermarket replacement will likely net the same results as the OEM one. Just ask your local exhaust shop to sort you out with one that flows the same as the OEM one. But... on the other hand, why not upgrade it and the dump pipe and get a tune to suit? :P

• Member For: 11y 8m 27d

Haha true true..just don't have the $$ for a tune...one day hhaa

All good thought sister-in-law has a ba turbo that she wants to sell soon so I asked if can swap cats before and see if mine improves if not swap Back lol 

Hera is a BA cat mines BF turbo one. Turbo one is more round then the ba one.

Not sure which would be better as ba one looks like it might flow more due to twin outlet hmmm..plus has heat shields still haha

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

They're exactly the same internally, the BA and BF cat, unless hers is already aftermarket which it sounds like it is if it's more "round" as the stock one is a very "oval" shape from the outside. Also, stock BA cats aren't so easy to get out as they're one piece with the pipe(s) that goes back towards the diff so there's some cutting+shutting involved to change a cat on a BA at a minimum.