FG Turbo Engine Conversion into BF N/A Sedan

ILB60N

• Member For: 2y 26d

OK, so I've already bought the FG

Turbo engine complete with the atomic adapter for the BF t/body, I've gott the cooler piping for the fg engine into the b series, also got the boost harness, what map sensor wiring is on the BF N/A - will.it need to be rewired at the plug or is it fg Turbo map sensor pinouts the same as the BF Na?

I'm using the FG Turbo engine complete, but using the BF vehicle harness etc, so I'm just wondering what other things people know need to be changed?

Now I have bought the Venom 4" dump pipe and cat - because I'm.using the FG Turbo engine I'm keeping the factory FG manifold and Turbo...   So will the FG Dump pipe bolt.up in the same location as the CAT on the BF Sedan?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Use the FG sensor as it's definitely different to the N/A one (of any model). You will need to wire it up correctly to the BF PCM.

The FG would have other sensors (a 2nd knock sensor, a 2nd oxygen sensor, that's all I can think of off the top of my head) which may not be supported by the BF loom.

It's extremely unlikely that the cat is in the same position once you modify it, but that doesn't matter if you bought a venom dump+cat... you just might need to make a custom exhaust from the cat-back or maybe some custom work done on the cat if it doesn't fit next to the BF drivetrain/tunnel.

Speaking of drivetrain, what are you doing there? BF N/A just won't handle anything a FG XR6T motor could produce (even at stock FG boost levels), including transmission/tailshaft/CV's/diff/axles.