G40 1050

Tom Tucker

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Copper and MLS gaskets reseal after an incident like that so it will be fine in that respect, however it 's worth looking into. See how much timing is in it, if there's heaps more than 20 degrees it would answer at least part of that question. Was the block decked with 150lbft on the torque plate? Anyhow I'm sure you'll sort it out, you don't get a power figure like that from nowhere.

• Member For: 12y 13d

When that happened we pushed to see what the turbo would do and   even after that  no probs even with more  pulls   ,re the timing  I'll have to ask the tuner , that said I won't be pushing the limits of the turbo all the time hard enough to hook up with 500kw on the street.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Maybe it wasn't pushing combustion gas through the head gasket, maybe it was just hot and pushed water past the cap. Seems reasonable enough.

Haha keep it turned up man, just use the right foot to keep it hooked up :declare:

• Like 1

Don't think it pushed past the gasket  as it was doing 40psi same motor setup on c16 when it was the ETM f6 back in the day   , I think the pwr expansion tank and cap are a bit dodgy ,

Gonna still push the limits 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Woulda sh*t myself if I saw my car on a dyno push out a puff of whatever that was 🤣🤣🤣

Not worried , done a co2 coolant test right after the run and come up negative .

Whatever happens now only time will tell , either way  will be fun in the process.

• Member For: 2y 3m 1d

This is excellent. I'm trying to size a turbo for 1000whp that streetable as well. I was considering a g42 but maybe a g40 1050 is the way to go.

16 hours ago, tofski said:

Not worried , done a co2 coolant test right after the run and come up negative .

Whatever happens now only time will tell , either way  will be fun in the process.

what rpm do you start seeing boost by? This looks like an ideal street setup. This is a 1.06 exhaust housing?