Low Washer Level Sensor?

Bionic Beast

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 4m 26d

Im wanting to install one on my BF as it has the connector hanging there for it. I tried activating the light (before wasting money ob the sensor) but no matter what I did, crossing the pins, sending them 12v, grounding them ect I could not get it to show up. So was I doing something wrong? Was that plug not even for the sensor? (It definitely wasn't the 2nd motor plug) It was the ones that were plugged into each other. Or is it something ridiculous like the cluster has to be programmed for it or it doesn't even have the light?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

I didn't even know B-series XR's had a light for the "low wash indicator" on their instrument cluster... I suspect you'll need a specific cluster (perhaps fairmont... I don't know, just speculating) for that sort of light to show.

• Donating Members

Yes you are right, I need a "high series" Cluster. The clusters that got paired with the colour screen ICC's. Since you loose the trip functions on the cluster to the ICC ford put door ajar diagram (shows you exactly what door is open), a PRND/ what gear you are in while tiptronic is engaged light and the washer bottle sensor. If you flick through your owners manual to the instrument section you can see the screens detailed better.

I also found out if you remove the insert of your cup holder its made to hold milk drink cartons, finally somewhere to put my FUIC ;), whoever knew reading that manual was helpful

That sucks for me since I've already gotten my "low series" Cluster modified and don't feel like paying again...

Thanks for the tip off of different clusters though

270047561_2057925884385967_1960454527272335050_n.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

well, it'll be a cheaper customisation to probably get the same guys to use one of your other lights for it; perhaps one you'll never use (for me that'd be the fog lights as I never use those things).

• Donating Members

I've got an intercooler sprayer running from the tank, would be helpful to know when its empty so I''m not running the pump dry. Cant exactly see it while I''m driving can I? And what''s it to you what I do with my car. Idc if you think its a waste of time, I want it.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

If there is a low level switch in the tank it would be pretty easy run a relay setup and have a light come on in the cabin. If there is a symbol in the dash then there might be a light there. Even if there is no light you could put something there to make the symbol light up.

Another option, don't bother with a relay and just run a lithium battery with led straight through the low level switch. No need to find power and frig around with a relay that way.

Nek option is to find a dash to support it, a module file to support it, as well as the current modules, and flash the bastard to make it work like a factory setup. This way is the most legit way of doing it but I can't tell you if this option even exists. You'd have to do your homework and possibly use a bunch of trial and error to make it work.

Another option, just check the oil, coolant, other fluids as well as the washer bottle once a week as you should anyway, then there is no need for a low level light.

If you think you need an intercooler spray then perhaps consider a hectic intercooler upgrade. In my experience an intercooler spray does 2/3s of stuff all compared to a correctly sized intercooler. This is coming from countless dyno runs, and using a spray bottle on many an intercooler to get it cooled down after a long hot summer tuning session, just to get a hero run. Great for peak dyno numbers, not really that useful in a street car.

Anyfreakinghow there's a few ideas to get it working, and maybe some ideas about upgrading and even needing it to start with.

Edited by Puffwagon
Heh dyslexia