Reverse sonar stopped working

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

He's mocking your spelling by making a play-on words with your use of "reverse sober". e.g. "reverse sober" would be "drunk" and water and coffee helps to sober up. :)

Also, edited the title of your thread. PM me if you want a different username for the forum other than your actual name.

As to your problem;

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

So it's only the beeps not working? is the camera and the lines portrayed on it working?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

have you had the car scanned for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's)? if you have one, it'll help to pinpoint diagnosis... but no beeps points to either a wiring fault or a Park Assist Module fault.

• Member For: 2y 2m 11d

No mate haven't had scanned. So it's not something that can be turned off on the command centre cause it seems like it stopped working when I was playing around with the command centre. I've wanted a scan tool for awhile now gives me an excuse to get one now I suppose.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

someone with an FG with reverse sensors/camera can confirm, as I haven't owned an FG myself to know for sure whether it's something you can disable/enable, but I'm pretty sure you can't (happy to be corrected).

• Member For: 2y 2m 11d

No problems mate really appreciate your in put anyway. Since you here talking to me have one more question when I turn my car off the turbo still spins for awhile and when it is it sounds like a dry loose bearing is my turbo on its last legs this is my first turbo car so not to sure about turbo stuff was a V8 fan had a xe Fairmount Ghia with 351 that was around 430hp nothing sounds as good as an old V8 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

It's normal for a ball-bearing turbo to keep spinning for quite a while after you've shut the car off.

but if it's making obvious grinding noises then it might have an issue with the CHRA of the turbo... you can check it (when it's cold) by taking the air intake hose off and grabbing the nut on the front wheel and lightly pulling it left/right/up/down and if it doesn't touch the housing you're probably OK to run it as-is for a while yet. Ensure your turbo-oil-supply-line filter is removed to ensure the longevity of life for your turbocharger.