Fg falcon single din wiring.

Nikola.

• Member For: 4y 3m 3d

Hey guys I have been looking at installing a single din headunit using the fascia from stingray security https://www.stingraycar.com.au/product/fg-fgx-aftermaket-single-din-fascia/ . I want to know how people have done the wiring. Is there a harness I can buy or do I have to splice into the icc harness. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Depends what sort of functionality you want out of it. Do you want to just have your standard ICC do no audio and have your audio straight out of the HU or do you want the standard ICC to go into the aux-input or something of the HU and then go out to amps/speakers?

• Member For: 4y 3m 3d

I don’t want Audio out of the standard icc. I want the speakers to go straight into the head unit so I can have better sound quality and be able to have rca outputs for amps without a line converter. I’m over using my aux Bluetooth adapter cause the wires are annoying me and the aux port likes to cut out if you touch the cable and I need to mess around with it to make the Audio come back.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

OK, then you don't need to tap into the back of the ICC wiring at all. You just run RCA's out of the HU out to an amp, then from the amp back to the wiring in the kick panels and/or behind the glove box, which goes to the speakers in the doors. Some pics and info from an FG-X I did (extremely similar to an FG) (just ignore the part where you go to an LLC, you go from your HU straight to an amp). Then you can replace the speakers in the doors with higher quality ones if you wish (probably wise if you're going to be amplifying the signal out of the HU). All you need for the HU is constant power, earth and accessories which you can get from the 12v source and near the fuse panel for constant. Then you run a remote for your amp if it doesn't have automatic-on functionality and you're done for audio.