Haltech to inside cab.

Frank Castle 85

• Member For: 3y 4m 20d

Hey all, 

Has anyone moved the Haltech or ECU's from the engine bay to inside their car?

Or

What ways have you kept temps down around on your, like did you raise the back of the bonnet, used computer fans to keep it cool?

Sorry if this topic has been discussed, did search the internet prior to posting. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

fans will only move the already hot air around... since it's in one of the coldest relative positions in the engine bay, I doubt a fan is going to help.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I think it's hard to find such a thing because most people stick with the stock ECU and it doesn't have heat issues even with monster builds.

I'm sure it's possible to move it to the cabin if you wish, but I suspect it'd be more work than building a heat-reflective container of some sort.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

this is literally the only post I could find that mentions that it's a "known issue"... but there's no further details and that guy who had the issue there in that thread never confirmed it was specifically overheating or just a short/fault/failure of the PCM/ECU.

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/84323-starts-and-stalls/?do=findComment&comment=1373796

• Member For: 3y 4m 20d

Yeah man, saw that one. My Haltech was going from 40 to 80 degrees and shutting the engine down. Haltech fixed it for free, but this is just a precaution I want to take to keep it cooler, it probably won’t be an issue now, but preventative. I thought if the fans were just to blow the stale air around. Was thinking a little computer fan from like Jaycar just to do that and seeing if anyone had down it. Cheers for the link. Other wise I was thinking raising the rear of the bonnet or cutting wholes in it haha 👀😳. The joys of living in the tropics.