Should I convert my 4 speed bf N/A auto xr6 into a xr6t with a manual conversion or is it not worth the time or money?

• Member For: 2y 9m 5d

Hey Fellas,

Basically what the title said, I have a xr6 2007 bf mark 2 4 speed auto with a perfect engine and a low 130kms, only 2 issues are transmission heating and worn out rear diff mounts. Engine is perfect with no issues and everything else is running smoothly. I just have the need for more power and want something I can take onto the track. Would it be worth it to do a turbo and trans swap or should I pull the trigger and sell it to get a different car? What do you think? I really love my ford and even am thinking about getting a territory. I am also extremely interested in a F6 fpv but I am not sure I would be able to replcate that look with a BF mark 2. Also I am in NSW if that means anything.

Thanks team!

Take care

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

If you have the mechanical ability and time to get an entire XR6T driveline & relevant body electrical modules into your N/A vehicle, then sure... but otherwise it's never worth the effort to convert an N/A to a Turbo.